Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's here five minutes... Only criticism I would make is: where are all these training ground injuries coming from? We're five games in.

But no, sack him now... pay him off!
Bring in Potter! Or Conte! Maybe Simeone. Dyche! Mikel Arteta! Steve Bruce!
Nuno Espirito Santo lost two in a row at Tottenham though, he won't do (anymore)

Are the injuries not down to internationals and Burnley kicking lumps out of us?

Many have already commented that the players look fitter and faster, it can't be both prone to injury due to training methods and be fitter and faster. Something does not fit.

Like Seamus being injured on international duty
Like Pickford being injured against Burnley
Like Richarlison having lumps taken out of him by Burnley

and selectiosn that should have been able to cope with QPR, but didn't.

This is so disappointing - League cup is the one that I want to win the most...there's only 5 or 6 rounds to win it and most top sides play weakened teams. We should be getting to the last 8 every time.

The other thing is top sides don't lose these games - and we lose them every couple of years.

Are the injuries not down to internationals and Burnley kicking lumps out of us?

Many have already commented that the players look fitter and faster, it can't be both prone to injury due to training methods and be fitter and faster. Something does not fit.

Like Seamus being injured on international duty
Like Pickford being injured against Burnley
Like Richarlison having lumps taken out of him by Burnley

and selectiosn that should have been able to cope with QPR, but didn't.
maybe those three wouldn't have played anyway in a league cup game.

This is so disappointing - League cup is the one that I want to win the most...there's only 5 or 6 rounds to win it and most top sides play weakened teams. We should be getting to the last 8 every time.

The other thing is top sides don't lose these games - and we lose them every couple of years.

Because the club has no standards and is filled from top to bottom with losers. If the board had any ambition they would haul the manager before them today and ask why he rested players and what on earth happenned. If it happens again, you're gone.

But no doubt the club don't care one bit. The only times they care and act decisively are when they panic pre-Christmas if we are down near the bottom. They haven't a clue how to push the club forward. A lot of the players aren't arsed about pushing the club forward, and a lot of the supporters are more interested in labelling other supporters kopites.

What a mess

Wrong. Benitez can’t afford the luxury of burning any of our players out. Our squad is paper thin and any long term injuries could cripple our league form. The club have done a dreadful job over the summer.
They’ve only played 5 games this season so there is no burn out excuse. Long term injuries can happen in any game. Also it was a cup game and I want us to go as far as possible in every cup competitio,changing the centre of defence and midfield was the wrong decision. Yes,we had a poor summer but that’s no excuse for putting out a changed team.

Because the club has no standards and is filled from top to bottom with losers. If the board had any ambition they would haul the manager before them today and ask why he rested players and what on earth happenned. If it happens again, you're gone.

But no doubt the club don't care one bit. The only times they care and act decisively are when they panic pre-Christmas if we are down near the bottom. They haven't a clue how to push the club forward. A lot of the players aren't arsed about pushing the club forward, and a lot of the supporters are more interested in labelling other supporters kopites.

What a mess
Sounds like my enthusiasm for Everton.

I know we’ll never do anything noteworthy, so all I’m bothered about is not getting relegated. Decades of this approach from the club itself has caused this.

The squad has been getting worse every year and it will only take a few more weeks of injured players out for us to be found out.

Sounds like a good game to miss.

Reading the last few pages of this thread, it's the usual complaint about no squad depth. The goalkeeping situation is a new real worry to me if Begovic is that poor.

I know it's a weakened team in a low priority match (as bad as that sounds), but surely a couple of the second stringers should be pushing their case to play but it seems not.

Roll on Norwich.

He's here five minutes... Only criticism I would make is: where are all these training ground injuries coming from? We're five games in.

But no, sack him now... pay him off!
Bring in Potter! Or Conte! Maybe Simeone. Dyche! Mikel Arteta! Steve Bruce!
Nuno Espirito Santo lost two in a row at Tottenham though, he won't do (anymore)
Exactly this

Status
Not open for further replies.