2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but there's absolutely no excuse for that team. The more I think about it, the more it annoys me. The Utter disrespect to the fans who paid good money and gave up their time to watch that only to see the manager dismiss the game as unimportant. Another chance at winning a trophy gone and because the manager thought he/we where above it ffs. Its just pathetic.

Lol at anybody giving one about the Carabao Cup. Utterly worthless competition that will be obsolete in 5 years.

Good on Benitez for resting the few decent players we have. I would've played the under 16s with Andy Lonergan up front.

Its almost like the same squad of players that have been crap under every manager since Moyes including Carlo Fantastico are still crap!!

Shock horror!!!

Sack the manager!!

Get some other fella in he'll make Iwobi play like Sterling honest!!
But thing is after 3 games this season there were people saying Iwobi was looking reborn etc and wasn't Benitez doing a wonderful job of that

We've been effective in most of our games in very short bursts. But that isn't sustainable.

The Brighton game – we defended deep and Brighton like to have loads of the ball but we restricted them to very little. It was a very good performance.

The rest have all been about the same level bar 10-15 minute bursts of intensity and, in some small cases (Townsend's strike v Burnley, Richarlison cross for DCL v S'ton, Gray goal v Brighton) a bit of quality on top.

will we?

we have abar 4 players, no striker and cannot defend.

Norwich have just been picked apart at home by Liverpool's kids and fringe players and lost 5 out of 5 in the league.

100% record so far at Goodison, 3 points is likely and that means a good start for the new manager.

I wanted to have a run in the cup but we were unlikely to win it.

Doucoure would have bossed that tonight. Should have been on in the first half to get a grip

Maybe, but he was still on for over 30 mins.

Yeah we looked better, and he should have had a pen, but he/we didn't really 'boss' it. It was still dead scrappy.

But that's what you get when you're entire obsession (and an obsession from the fan base) is always about 'hard work'.

Absolutely, work as hard as you can in every single minute, but you've got to have quality to go on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.