2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we have a major injury problems right now still but Benitez made a seriously awful call with his team selection tonight. To just dismiss the only competition that we stood any chance at all of winning is the hight of arrogance. He's just made his job even harder then it already was.

75AB2E1F-B093-45F6-975A-08872FFD57BD.jpeg

The man is everton football club

He is firefighting with this squad for a season.

Spent nothing, squad is littered with very expensive problems and no real depth in any area.

I think this season has to be quality for Europe and hopefully our home form becomes stronger than last season.

This is utter nonsense. A 2-2 draw is not an embarrassment. And anyone who thinks winning an early round tie in the LC (before the elite take it seriously and mow everyone down later on) is more important than 3 points in the PL need to have a lie down.

Three points v Norwich will have us looking very very reasonably placed with our injured to come back after the United game and international break.

We have a run of eight games before Christmas where we could foreseeably lose around six of them. Spurs, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester included in that run.

Benitez needs a buffer to survive any such run. Progress in the League Cup would have been it.

If we go into the new year around 12th-14th, which is very plausible, then things could get very, very nasty.

In my view, he needed cup progression as a safety net, and that's now gone.

He disrespected the competition twice and we got punished. Its unacceptable and yet people tolerate it.

At least Martinez played strong teams in these games for all his faults. Everyone since has been a joke.

And finished bottom half twice because of it which saw him lose his job.

Its almost like you need a quality squad with depth to fight on two fronts like the big clubs have...

I’m quite annoyed we seems to play Carlo/Silva tactic today. Slow buildup, half hearted counter, sideways backwards, soft defending and lack of bite.

I’m not sure if this is down to players or manager.

I know we have a major injury problems right now still but Benitez made a seriously awful call with his team selection tonight. To just dismiss the only competition that we stood any chance at all of winning is the hight of arrogance. He's just made his job even harder then it already was.

FA Cup has more frequent 'unexpected winners' than teh Carabao, just for the record. 2013 the last time anyone other than City, Liverpool, Chelsea Utd or Spurs won it.

FA Cup obviously had Arsenal, Leicester past two seasons.

Not that we should be binning off the carabao so easily like

Status
Not open for further replies.