2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way we need him to play in the hope he does enough to attract a bid otherwise we are going to be stuck with him. He is the weakest of our 4 CBs and he is of an age where its only going to get worse. If someone like Burnley offered £10 million I would bite their hand off. It would be a big loss but would create space for a top class CB to come in.

Because of his contract extension i think £10mil could be £1mil on book profit.

If we could shift him and promote Branthwaite sign Romagnoli who is out of contract next summer then it makes sense.

Because of his contract extension i think £10mil could be £1mil on book profit.

If we could shift him and promote Branthwaite sign Romagnoli who is out of contract next summer then it makes sense.

….Keane is not going anywhere anytime soon, Matey, I think you just need to accept it and switch your hypothetical scenario’s to a different situation.

Its a simple equation, Keane + Everton = Failure to achieve success.

…it might be a progression of him not being selected to him ultimately leaving but he’s getting plenty of game time at the moment. I read Benitez is prioritising the acquisition of a CB in January which surprised me given the stock we have in those positions.

Unless the player himself is happy to leave its going to be very difficult to shift Keane, he’s another ordinary footballer on extraordinary wages.

Did Keane do something to a member of your family?

Made them weep while watching him play.

…it might be a progression of him not being selected to him ultimately leaving but he’s getting plenty of game time at the moment. I read Benitez is prioritising the acquisition of a CB in January which surprised me given the stock we have in those positions.

Unless the player himself is happy to leave its going to be very difficult to shift Keane, he’s another ordinary footballer on extraordinary wages.

Its well known that we need a Right back and Right winger. We also need a left sided centre back and a central midfielder.

Benitez doesnt seem to fancy Holgate and he'd certainly not be a 'tactician' as hie profile suggests if he'd been impressed with Keane. Add in the Mina contract situation and we could definitely do with a first choice.

Your regular reminder that Keane and Mina are our best centre halves by a country mile

Every week place
They are just so good aerially compared to the rest and both are good on the ball. Both can be comedians at time, but overall they bring a more well rounded game than the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.