2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some high-level data I included in an article a few weeks ago (no, it wasn't a hit piece, was just off Benitez's comments about him needing to adapt to the team etc)

- Played 26 games in all competitions last season, James scored six goals and provided eight assists, creating 54 chances, placing him second in Everton's squad behind Gylfi Sigurdsson (60), who made 18 appearances more.

- James led the way for Everton with chances created from open play (38) and when it came to crafting big chances (defined by Opta as a situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score).

- Per 90 minutes played, James created 0.56 big chances in the Premier League, putting him just below Jack Grealish and Bruno Fernandes (0.58), ranking sixth in the competition in that metric from players to play 20 or more matches.

- Completing games may well be the biggest challenge for James. He was substituted in 16 matches last season, more than any other Everton player.

We can't spend for three months and you have to trust the people in charge to get the right players in.

They failed to get a right-back, relied on Benitez to make all the moves.

So like I said, enjoy Longstaff in January

We aint signing Longstaff mate lol

Although people said Gray and Townsend were crap buys and both have been two of our better players so far this season.

Maitland-Niles should be back on our radar for me - can play RB, LB, CM would have been a decent utility player with the sheer number of injuries we get - shame Arteta acted like a sly kid who didn't want anyone else to have his ball.

James going is good for benitez and James not sure it's best for the club especially with the injuries pity both couldn't have worked something out till at least January ,we will probably be paying some of his wages anyway

We aint signing Longstaff mate lol

Although people said Gray and Townsend were crap buys and both have been two of our better players so far this season.

Maitland-Niles should be back on our radar for me - can play RB, LB, CM would have been a decent utility player with the sheer number of injuries we get - shame Arteta acted like a sly kid who didn't want anyone else to have his ball.
We tried this summer so I don't know why we wouldn't.

Benitez wants him.

I for one never said either Gray or Townsend - for what they cost - were bad buys, btw. As players to bolster the squad they're absolutely fine and Gray is a real talent but just needs consistency and games.

Benitez doesn't rate Maitland-Niles and that's why we didn't go for him with a permanent offer. I too wouldn't mind him but really he's another player who's just a jack of all trades and master of one.

How did you arrive at that?

He's in Qatar now and he's signing for Laurent Blanc's team.

Some reports say 2-year deal (and him leaving us on a free) - which would mean we've at least got his full wage off the books.

Others say we're paying him to play for them.

We'll have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.