2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really can't understand why you all hate him so much. There are much bigger wasters on our team.
Delph on his 100k a week he is reported to be on has played 31 games (only 1891 mins) for the club. Signed for 8.5m (rising to 10m) and so far been here for around 114 weeks with a minimum of 15 more weeks to come. No goals or assists.
So 21.4m (and that's if we get rid of him in Jan and not next summer)
James has played 26 (but 2046 mins). Scored 6, assisted 8 (9 according to transfermarkt but don't want to upset some of you more than you already are). Was signed on a free. So even if he is on the 200k a week some of you claim for 54 weeks
Yet you are in here chasing him out the club while delph continues to rake it in and you aren't all on his thread spouting the same nonsense in there about him draining our funds etc.
Didn't realise that it was us GOT posters who were to blame for "chasing him out the club".lol
Quick! Let's all head over to the Delph thread lol

If only it was that easy?

Really can't understand why you all hate him so much. There are much bigger wasters on our team.

Delph on his 100k a week he is reported to be on has played 31 games (only 1891 mins) for the club. Signed for 8.5m (rising to 10m) and so far been here for around 114 weeks with a minimum of 15 more weeks to come. No goals or assists.

James has played 26 (but 2046 mins). Scored 6, assisted 8 (9 according to transfermarkt but don't want to upset some of you more than you already are). Was signed on a free. So even if he is on the 200k a week some of you claim for 54 weeks.

10.8m.

Yet you are in here chasing him out the club while delph continues to rake it in and you aren't all on his thread spouting the same nonsense in there about him draining our funds etc.

Edit: I am aware there will.have been signing on fees for both, but we don't know what they were so can't exactly use them in the calculations. It was reported James signed for a cost of 20m which looks like 2 years at 200k. Still less than delph.

Absolute hogwash mate. There's not a single fan on here that wants Delph to be here, we've been banging that drum for nigh on 2 years too. Most of us are of the belief that if James is not gonna play then we may as well shift him from the wage bill, dunno what's so difficult to understand about that (no doubt every Evertonian wished his stay here was successful).

The manager doesn't fancy the player and the player doesn't want to be here. One of them had to give for it to work and it looks like neither would. I think it's that simple.
The player is insanely talented but will also miss half the season with injuries (i read a stat somewhere that he missed 48% of our games last season)
We are financially screwed and the player is on massive wages.
The player came for the previous manager and whoever took charge was probably going to encountered similar issues.
As disappointing as it is to let go of a such a class player, long term it's probably best for the club and ultimately that's all i care about.... Everton.
It's just a shame the fans never saw him and he never experienced a rocking Goodison Park

James has played 26 (but 2046 mins). Scored 6, assisted 8 (9 according to transfermarkt but don't want to upset some of you more than you already are). Was signed on a free. So even if he is on the 200k a week some of you claim for 54 weeks.

10.8m.

Edit: I am aware there will.have been signing on fees for both, but we don't know what they were so can't exactly use them in the calculations. It was reported James signed for a cost of 20m which looks like 2 years at 200k. Still less than delph.
Totally agree pal, The Hamez haters have short memories. He was never going to play every game anyway but when we can’t even fill a bench for a Premier League game it’s embarrassing. He’s not a bad option at all.

Didn't realise that it was us GOT posters who were to blame for "chasing him out the club".lol
Quick! Let's all head over to the Delph thread lol

If only it was that easy?
That would be the dream. Except we would end up with zero players within a week.

Reactions: kev

10.8m.

You act like we haven't all been calling for Delph to get out as well

His moments of quality are fantastic but I think he's under-acheived versus his skill level. His best club season was 2014/15 with Real, 47 appearances, 17 goals, 18 assists. That's:

A) his best season ever, when true world-class players string several such seasons together;
B) for Real, surrounded by elite talent;
C) not even that impressive all told. Dom had 21 goals last season. Lukaku, 26 and 7 in his best year with us. Even the Scandinavian Voldemort had 41 appearances, 14 goals, 7 assists in his best year with us. That's just three players i looked up off the top of my head, there are better comps out there and there are many of them is my point.

Look at his body of work - he's a good player on excellent sides. Even at his best he was never an indispensable player, those sides would have gone on to league and CL success without him.

I think he's been trading off his 2014 WC success his entire career. That was an achievement but it's a handful of games, it's an anomaly. That, and his charisma and star power.

He never stuck at any club for long.

He didn't have any bidders this window.

Even Carlo didn't want him.

Even Colombia didn't want him.

He was hurt a lot.

He doesn't fit the system, the way we line up his position doesn't exist.

He doesn't do the two-way work that's required in the way we play - if DCL, Richy, Allan, Townsend, and Doucoure are all tracking back and applying pressure, and he's just flitting around and waiting for the ball, sure he may pick out a wonder-pass or put it on a postage stamp once or twice a game, but every possession there's one less man doing that work and it's that much easier for the opposition to get upfield.

Most importantly IMO, by selling him we can spend. The January window is not ideal but better late than never, and if we have a huge amount of cash coming off the books and if we can get 3 dependable heavy rotation players for that money between January and the next summer window I'd be delighted.

Then you add his attitude problems with the manager - fault who you like, but he's in charge now - the way he sulks on Twitch, his private-jet act when we're getting slaughtered at City, etc. -

easy for me. Move him on and get the money.

His moments of quality are fantastic but I think he's under-acheived versus his skill level. His best club season was 2014/15 with Real, 47 appearances, 17 goals, 18 assists. That's:

A) his best season ever, when true world-class players string several such seasons together;
B) for Real, surrounded by elite talent;
C) not even that impressive all told. Dom had 21 goals last season. Lukaku, 26 and 7 in his best year with us. Even the Scandinavian Voldemort had 41 appearances, 14 goals, 7 assists in his best year with us. That's just three players i looked up off the top of my head, there are better comps out there and there are many of them is my point.

Look at his body of work - he's a good player on excellent sides. Even at his best he was never an indispensable player, those sides would have gone on to league and CL success without him.

I think he's been trading off his 2014 WC success his entire career. That was an achievement but it's a handful of games, it's an anomaly. That, and his charisma and star power.

He never stuck at any club for long.

He didn't have any bidders this window.

Even Carlo didn't want him.

Even Colombia didn't want him.

He was hurt a lot.

He doesn't fit the system, the way we line up his position doesn't exist.

He doesn't do the two-way work that's required in the way we play - if DCL, Richy, Allan, Townsend, and Doucoure are all tracking back and applying pressure, and he's just flitting around and waiting for the ball, sure he may pick out a wonder-pass or put it on a postage stamp once or twice a game, but every possession there's one less man doing that work and it's that much easier for the opposition to get upfield.

Most importantly IMO, by selling him we can spend. The January window is not ideal but better late than never, and if we have a huge amount of cash coming off the books and if we can get 3 dependable heavy rotation players for that money between January and the next summer window I'd be delighted.

Then you add his attitude problems with the manager - fault who you like, but he's in charge now - the way he sulks on Twitch, his private-jet act when we're getting slaughtered at City, etc. -

easy for me. Move him on and get the money.
We can't spend for three months and you have to trust the people in charge to get the right players in.

They failed to get a right-back, relied on Benitez to make all the moves.

So like I said, enjoy Longstaff in January

Completely agree with this, Everton seems to be in a very bad place at the moment with all of us at each other's throats. Hopefully we get back to winning so all of these problems fall to the wayside!
That'll only make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.