2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Second bit - absolutely, from the moment CA left (maybe before that).

But no need for revisionism. It's like when Rom left and people said it was fine cause he had a crap first touch.
Yes, read the thread back people have been saying he's our biggest ever superstar and better than Dixie Dean.... That's over-rating a player

It honestly astounds me how low our ambitions have become with this hire. I was out in Newcastle with a load of their fans on sat afternoon/evening. Its really concerning that a lot of posters in here, are saying the same things that they said.
We are Evertoon. The usual maniacs will claim that that is nonsense but that is 100% what we are now. We're a mid-table club with a mid-table squad and a mid-table manager. We also have fans who make the cast of love island look well-balanced. The number of threads that are now just two groups of entrenched individuals shouting the same catchphrases at each other is legion (I accept that I am part of the problem on that matter, btw). The geordies believe they are the biggest club in the world and bang on about their big, shiny stadium and that they are only being held-back by malign forces both inside and outside the club. Remind you of anyone? They're us without the historical success.

Well the answer is there now....he was fit , was at FF encouraging the U8's and U9's on Saturday (instead of on our very weak bench)..
Everton didn't want him injured and are desperate to get him off the wage bill.
The FFP is definitely the biggest problem. Not Benitez's fault to be fair.

Well the answer is there now....he was fit , was at FF encouraging the U8's and U9's on Saturday (instead of on our very weak bench)..
Brands and moshiri, on the other hand...

It's not though.

You can't compare the Everton careers of the two players. Lukaku was a world class goal scorer, almost always available, brilliant attitude on the pitch.

Lukaku wanted to leave to go and win trophies, went for 80 odd million to United, then went and won Serie A, now has come back to win the PL. James is going to play in Qatar when he is still only 30 and should have 2 or 3 good years at a high level left in him.

The two scenarios couldn't really be more different. We will have a short term hit from not having an extra squad option available, but losing Lukaku set us back years. Koeman spent 150m on rubbish trying to replace him and it's only this summer we felt the full weight of those mistakes!
Oh Lukaku by far and away the best for me mate. Wasn't denying that. Best I've seen (as a 26-yr-old) in an Everton shirt, that lad. I meant the revisionism though.

None of James' fans on here (and I'm an Everton fan over a JR fan, I just want good players at the club), would suggest he doesn't have injury issues, or doesn't have pace/intensity/energy levels to suit what we need right now. I wholly accept that. But people are acting like he's Delph and Hibbert merged into one.

It's a proper shambles this club. I can't stand it. I'm not on about the manager or the team here - though the manager being here in the first place is kind of a result of just how shambolic it all is at the top. And we always do this, shift the blame onto someone else and try to come out smelling of roses. Nah, we can't here, I'm sorry. This one is on the club as much as the player.

Yes, read the thread back people have been saying he's our biggest ever superstar and better than Dixie Dean.... That's over-rating a player
This is what the internet is, a bunch of people dealing in extremes. Everything is either the absolute best or the absolute worst. Look at the threads on James and Benitez. James is either a Messi-level talent or Andy van Der Meyde. Benitez is either SAF or Mike Bassett. In both instances it is clearly somewhere in between and people disagree on exactly where on that spectrum they are. It's basically the digital equivalent of "my dad's harder than your dad".

Great to know. What a horrid bloke he is.

Hope those U8s and U9s were buzzing to have that.

Dixie Dean has been dead for 40 years mate

Premier League era, Everton haven't had a lot of good players. We've had, really, three. Rooney, Lukaku and James, that are standouts a calibre above what the rest of the team were.

Then the likes of Baines, Coleman, Richarlison, Dom, Gueye etc who have grown and developed at the club each in their own way.

Oh Lukaku by far and away the best for me mate. Wasn't denying that. Best I've seen (as a 26-yr-old) in an Everton shirt, that lad. I meant the revisionism though.

None of James' fans on here (and I'm an Everton fan over a JR fan, I just want good players at the club), would suggest he doesn't have injury issues, or doesn't have pace/intensity/energy levels to suit what we need right now. I wholly accept that. But people are acting like he's Delph and Hibbert merged into one.

It's a proper shambles this club. I can't stand it. I'm not on about the manager or the team here - though the manager being here in the first place is kind of a result of just how shambolic it all is at the top. And we always do this, shift the blame onto someone else and try to come out smelling of roses. Nah, we can't here, I'm sorry. This one is on the club as much as the player.
Get a grip
He’s a bellend and better off elsewhere
This one is on that tosser Ancelotti
James could give a toss about us or Everton
Move on and forget about the plank

Hahahahaahahahahahaha what?

Status
Not open for further replies.