2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have to be one of three things to be actively wanting our best player to leave.

Group 1
Group 2
Group 3

There is an infestation of Group 1's at present and an astonishing number of Group 3's.

The latter might be a direct result of the pandemic and lockdowns pushing those prone to be easily led over the edge.
Interesting. I hear the common denominator between the group ones is that they all own a pair of baseball caps. Perhaps we could call them “two hats”?

I think it’s fair to say that James hasn’t covered himself in glory over the past few months.

In fact I think he has done the ‘mercenary footballer’ contingent no favours at all.
He is a classic example.
It is OK mate. The words of the naughty men don't need to guide you. Remember, you have a brain, it is yours, they do not own you, you will be OK. HB is there if you need him. Stay strong ?

It definitely isn’t like that.

I think Lukaku maybe had one injury of longer than a couple of games in his 4 seasons here. He was almost always available even when we played in Europe and he played midweek cup games. He was all of our goals and people kept saying somehow losing him would help us as we would spread goals around.

Anyone who thinks losing James is as bad as losing Lukaku has a serious misunderstanding of football. A 25 goal a season striker who has scored everywhere he has been, or a talented but constantly injured luxury player, with questionable attitude and professionalism. I find the reaction to James leaving over the top to say the least, and even more bizarre given how people reacted when we lost an actual world class goal scorer.

I know it's a little off topic, but you can trace most of our recent problems back to the day Lukaku left the club. We've never recovered since. If we had been able to build a side around him with the influx of cash, I reckon we'd be at least a lot better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.