2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people genuinely think modern footballers wouldn’t dance around the archaic idols you people keep mentioning then you really need to stop watching football. The game has moved on and these dinosaurs need leaving in the past.

I see it very similarly to the whole Brexit situation, people looking backwards not forwards. These people are holding the club back, pining for days and players of old and the new lot not fitting this bizarre ethos of the club. Get over it lads, it’s a whole different game now.
Even if you remove the era's of Dean and Ball, etc. you still have better players. Southall would still be great goalkeeper in today's game. Kanchelskis is a way superior right wing/forward. Rooney had all the ability of James but had a heart to go with it. Lukaku has just gone to Chelsea for mega-bucks.

None of the above had a world cup like James did.

Not in their current financial situation, absolutely. Which would have meant Everton subsidising his wage (as we saw with the offer to Porto for Diaz, and when Istanbul came calling).

Now, hopefully, given how rich the Qatari clubs are, that isn't the case here. But if Everton are reported (reliably) to be subsidising his wage, then that is just utter, utter madness.
not at all, it's exactly like the Theo situation. Its still worth our while to get someone like him off the wage bill. If you asked Benitez I 'm sure he'd pay up his contract right now, as he doesn't want him hanging around, and has no use for him with the system he plays.

To me, Tom perfectly represents our failure to produce PL quality players from our juniors. The supply of decent players from the junior ranks has been abysmal compared with other clubs. Maybe that is why we overspent on rubbish for years and look where we are now. Stuck by the fair play regulations.

I see Laurent Blanc is the manager of the Qatari club and their best player is Yacine Brahimi...who a few on here wanted us to sign.

So is he going then or what? Don't have time to go through 20 pages of posts that occurred in past 2 hours.
He wanted to play on Saturday but Benitez kidnapped him at knife-point and hid him in a locker until after the game and has basically told him if he doesn't sign for a club in Qatar that he's gonna kill all his family. Its all on Benitez this, even the lies are his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.