2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We banked on getting into europe last year to fill the shortfall somewhat. So in that regard, Ancelotti failed. We've allowed managers to constantly pick their favourite players and now we are stuck with a complete mess of a squad with players bought specifically for several different managers.

I don't understand how Brands is still in his position. To allow us to get into a position where we are so hamstrung in the market is completely unacceptable. His complete inability to sell players has left us in a terrible position. 20 and 30m players leave for free routinely at this club. It's totally unsustainable.
Yes agreed completely. We either don't forecast at all and were completely caught unawares, or we gambled everything on a Champions League run and cocked it up completely.

Such is the drastic change in our transfer spend in the summer just gone, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the club only realised that they were on course to breaching Profit and Sustainability regulations after being informed by the Premier League at some point during the season.

It's very hard to think that a club that had advanced knowledge of their precarious predicament would be shelling out 200k a week on James, buying players with no resale value like Allan and Doucoure and be preparing for the long term under a manger allegedly earning 12m a year.

It's just staggeringly poor planning and the utter joker who is supposed to be "directing the football" has to be fired. There is just no excuses, three years into his tenure, that can justify the appalling position we find ourselves in.

What if we're paying him to play for someone else, in a league that happens to be flooded with cash?

I hope it's not the case, but if we are mate, how mad is that.

I'm not that fussed genuinely, as long as the saving is still significant.

If we are paying part of his wage then it's because his wage is nearer the higher end of what's being reported, and secondly he hasn't accepted a reduction.

If we save £100k a week for the rest of the year then that's in the region of £4m. I know the money in football has made us all forget the value of cash, but that's a big sum in any walk of life.

We literally did that this summer too, to the extent we signed Rondon on (reportedly) £90k a week, dead late in the window when he'd had no pre-season, and gave a 32-year-old a 2 year deal with an option for a third.

I agree

I don't like it.

And it brings the actual point of having a DOF into question

The only difference is we had limited options this year because we had no money. The fact we also did it when we were spending extravagantly is even worse.

What if we're paying him to play for someone else, in a league that happens to be flooded with cash?

It ultimately depends on what that saving in cash does mate. Say he's on 150k a week and we are paying 50k of it - that 100k could be the difference between being able to bring in a RB or a Diaz in January or heck even avoid sanctions for going over Profit and Loss.

Ultimately we as fans dont know the half of what goes on behind the scenes and all we do is speculate and form narratives based on part time journos from the athletic, social media etc.

This summer was a tough one, it was always coming and we needed to take the bloody nose and balance the books which is on its way to being done.

We go again in January / next summer in the meantime just enjoy being able to see us play live in the ground rather than looking for the negatives in everything after the last 18 months of COVID and all the uncertainty around everyday life.

Last season was horrific - slow, boring football in an empty stadium.

Chalk and cheese to that Brighton/Leeds games and those 3-1 wins at home to Saints/Burnley. Its a slow rebuild but we'll get there.

It would be the most Everton thing that could happen. Paying another team who are minted to take a very skilled player from us at a time when we cannot even field a full strength team due to injuries. It is actually completely insane but we are used to unheard levels of insanity being Evertonians.

If we sell James now, or worse loan him and subsidise his wages, we are leaving ourselves incredibly short in attacking options, as we saw at the weekend. This is pure vendetta from Benitez.

If our injury luck continues in the same vein, then the manager, the people who e.oyed hi., and all the mindless psychophants who support him will deserve everything that comes our way.

Past caring now until that hateful Manager is out of our club. Still can't believe I was naive enough to give him the benefit of the doubt Toff. He's everything I expected him to be
Like Benitez or not, the future of Everton FC, is in the hands of the manager,the state the club is in now has nothing to do with him, the damage has been done over many years before he got here, changes need to be made higher up the chain, hopefully Benitez can help to do this as well as getting us stronger on the field, he’s only been here three months, he certainly needs longer than to changet the culture of the club.

Haha the best player we’ve ever had in the history of the football club and you all want him gone because the Spanish kopite in charge doesn’t like him? Wasn’t this the same fella who said forget the past but refuses to forget his past with James?

This club needs folding in half and booting in to a wormhole and all the little meffs who have to prove they’re superior bloos by never going against the grain can go with them.

He's off mate.

There's a Qatari journalist also reporting Everton are paying part of his wage...

No idea if he's reliable or not.

But yeah, I'm done with the people who run the club. We're a mess. I'll support the team, but beyond that, done with them until I see it changing.
Yeah I mentioned before in another thread I feel some of the anger towards the manager/players is wrong tbh and should be directed more towards the board. the running of this club in recent years has just been catastrophic when you look at it. Too many people pulling in different directions and no clear plan imo.

Haha the best player we’ve ever had in the history of the football club and you all want him gone because the Spanish kopite in charge doesn’t like him? Wasn’t this the same fella who said forget the past but refuses to forget his past with James?

This club needs folding in half and booting in to a wormhole and all the little meffs who have to prove they’re superior bloos by never going against the grain can go with them.
:rolleyes:

He’s clearly living on his former glories now, let it go lad.
The fact he’s going to Qatar should tell you that really.

Status
Not open for further replies.