Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
just one of them where first goal changes everything. That and Gray spins the CB to be clean through except the cb clearly holds him bk making no attempt to play the ball and another awful official decides to use the light touch rule to bottle a clear red card. 5 mins later englands political strong cb makes a high late reckless challenge and also for some reason is treated like Tarkovski was last week.
this is probably the sensible review, I'm going to lash out and shout abit about other shizzle for a bit first though

He offers NOTHING when off the ball.

He's remarkable when ON the ball.

As you can see, the reason our system is working so effectively is because we're not giving our opposition a second on the ball.

James is a player that 'pretends' to be doing his part off the ball but you can tell he has no real desire to win it and is half ass-ing it.

That's not going to cut it.

I'd only bring him on when we're ahead unless he can improve his stamina / attitude
Absolute nonsense. (no offence)

He offers a pass when he is off the ball, every single time. Need an outlet? He will be there to take the ball.

People get "hard work" confused. It's not just about bombing around like an idiot tackling everything on the pitch. It's also about clever movement, getting into space to receive a pass and then doing something with it.

Our system has "worked" so far in a very small sample size and that's great (I am ignoring what is happening on the pitch right now) but you need other options too.

Stamina maybe but that probably aint going to change at his age. There is nothing wrong with his attitude on the pitch, certainly no less than some of the chancers we have had playing for us for years and still have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.