2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton should always be aiming for Europe.

We've spent enough on our squad prior to this season for that to be the case.
And the squad isn't good enough for Europe. If we managed expectations and showed fans progress toward building a squad that was good enough in the next few years we'd be fine. This is what we need. Slow build to a larger peak.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised at my son in law’s initial comment about him being no good!! Fingers crossed he is not a flash in the pan!! I need to have a few reasons to be smug around here!!!!
I live in Leicestershire and most Leicester fans seem to like him.

And the squad isn't good enough for Europe. If we managed expectations and showed fans progress toward building a squad that was good enough in the next few years we'd be fine. This is what we need. Slow build to a larger peak.

That's fine, the end goal is Europe.

Everton as a club should be challenging for the European places every season.

You remember when you and some others were wanting James out of the club without a replacement in mate... ?

Forget James mate he's no different to Siggurdsson and Gomes who when starting games you have to change the whole strategy/set up to babysit them for their chronic lack of pace/mobility.

Doucoure doesn't bomb forward, we dont have that killer threat for the 3rd goal on the counter with those players either.

Forget James mate he's no different to Siggurdsson and Gomes who when starting games you have to change the whole strategy/set up to babysit them for their chronic lack of pace/mobility.

Doucoure doesn't bomb forward, we dont have that killer threat for the 3rd goal on the counter with those players either.
Not gonna turn this into the James thread. I mean, what you say is based on what another manager who isn't here anymore did. Gomes didn't need babysitting the other day and there could be a good chance he starts tomorrow.

The point I was making is it was arrogant in the extreme to think we were good/strong enough to let another player go without replacing them. We aren't there yet as a squad and footy is a squad game.

You point out Sigurdsson. Well that's another player that has gone without being replaced. He'd have been used by Rafael this season, no doubt about it.

That's fine, the end goal is Europe.

Everton as a club should be challenging for the European places every season.
Should be. But our yearly expectations being that when we are crap is not helpful. If we at some point between Martinez leaving and now decided, no, actually we need to target meaningful and lasting improvement and not Europe we'd be better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.