2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on! Everyone can defend their position, and it's not anybodies job to convince you you're wrong.

The 3 at the back v Burnley was daft. They'd have been quite a bit of blowback had the team not got 3 points.

As for James, I'd love to see him play. The only place I can see him maybe fitting in under Benitez is as a bit of a floating 2nd forward. (4 4 1 1)

It's just hard to justify dropping anybody right now. Looking ahead I don't think QPR will be a fair introduction for him, they'll be properly up for it.
Mate, I don't even think we should drop anybody for James, certainly not at the moment. The system we're playing suits most of our players and it's a system James doesn't easily slot into.

I see James primarily being used from the bench and maybe starting against teams who park the bus and against who our normal counter attacking style won't be effective.

I don't think that's an unreasonable stance to take but whenever I've said that you get all sorts like the manager won't play him or doesn't trust him, he doesn't want to be here, he's lazy, he won't do the defensive side, he doesn't fit the system, who do you drop, he's a waster, he's a bad influence and so on.

Bottom line is that we have a very talented player available to us until January at least, and there are many posters on here that would seemingly ostracise him completely despite us having a very thin squad from a forward perspective. I find it hard to understand that.

I'm not sure I've read anyone who has posted on here that Benitez is above reproach ? When he actually looses a game, pretty sure most (including me) will be on his back, especially if it's a poor sub or poor tactics shown.
It seems to me the James lovers on here are way more vitriolic than ones that are choosing to believe he's not up for the fight... heck no one actually knows what James has been told by Benitez.or what James has said to him...no one on here anyway so this whole forum split is pointless. Certainly not worth all the bickering and name calling from either side.
Agree with quite a bit of that. Certainly a lot of unnecessary bickering and name calling going on, plus none of us really know what's been said between player and manager.

But I think you need to take your Benitez tinted glasses off. There are many posters on here who won't have a word said against Benitez, same as there are with James

I see James primarily being used from the bench and maybe starting against teams who park the bus and against who our normal counter attacking style won't be effective.

I've seen a lot of people saying this, and whilst I understand the logic, I personally reckon he'd be better suited for the games against the top sides.

He'd be less likely to be kicked off the park for a start and his ability would be a bit of a leveller.

I've seen a lot of people saying this, and whilst I understand the logic, I personally reckon he'd be better suited for the games against the top sides.

He'd be less likely to be kicked off the park for a start and his ability would be a bit of a leveller.
Don't disagree mate. But we have a manager who is more defensive minded and I can't see him doing that.

Plus it's not a bad ploy to keep in the game for an hour then introduce him for the last 30 when the opposition may be taking more risks chasing the win

I see us setting up defensively against the top sides mate so we wouldn’t have much of the ball and James then becomes ineffective. We saw it last season, James just started dropping deeper and deeper looking for the ball and became frustrated.

I agree with @Barnfred 55, bring him off the bench against teams who sit back against us, he’ll see loads of the ball where you want him further up the pitch and then he can weave his magic to unlock those defences who sit deep against us.

Agree with quite a bit of that. Certainly a lot of unnecessary bickering and name calling going on, plus none of us really know what's been said between player and manager.

But I think you need to take your Benitez tinted glasses off. There are many posters on here who won't have a word said against Benitez, same as there are with James
Fair do's mate.
Think I'm going to stay off here till either James gets games or is sold....waaaay too intense, I only came here to Chat with fellow blues but it seems on here... as in life at the moment. Everything is black or white.. pick a hillside and die on it, even when you do that.. your entire posting history will be brought up for all to see in case you.... God forbid change your mind from 6 years prior.

Fair do's mate.
Think I'm going to stay off here till either James gets games or is sold....waaaay too intense, I only came here to Chat with fellow blues but it seems on here... as in life at the moment. Everything is black or white.. pick a hillside and die on it, even when you do that.. your entire posting history will be brought up for all to see in case you.... God forbid change your mind from 6 years prior.
Hey mate, I hear what you are saying but don't worry. There are baddies in here trying to do naughty things but we are on to them.

Keep an eye in here and you can spot who you need to keep an eye on. ?

The problem is with all of this is, we simply don't know the circumstances.

He's in training, but we don't know if he's strolling around. He's had his say on Twitch, but no player comes out and says how it's all their fault.

Rafael has equally kept his cards close to his chest. He's only said when he's available and that he's training. He can't come out and slag him off, as it causes more discontent.

Dealing in FACHTS only and not rumours (Rafael hates him/James wants out etc) the only thing that's made me think that this is on James, is his comment about not knowing who we were playing. I expect any player, injured or unavailable etc, to still know this, to still be cheering on his teammates and talking about the win.

Well all we see is the vids of him training when Everton release them and he seems to be working just like the rest of them.

I doubt Rafael would have him training with the team if he wasn't pulling his weight in those sessions.

Well all we see is the vids of him training when Everton release them and he seems to be working just like the rest of them.

I doubt Rafael would have him training with the team if he wasn't pulling his weight in those sessions.
Rondon is the big problem, the poor lad is miles behind having not kicked a ball in 4 months. Benitez will be on him like a hawk, talking about his need to train and get fit and, who knows, maybe he'll make the squad before Christmas if so. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.