New Everton Stadium Discussion

I do think that Merseytravel are missing a trick here. How difficult would it be to put a landing stage in and run ferries on a match day from Birkenhead and Wallasey quite a few thousand leaving the stadium without causing problems on the roads, even our welsh fans could park and ride on them
Ferry with an open bar down below, like when i started work many years ago. Great way to commute. Never had so much as a sniffle and i always credited the sea air from the daily crossings. Very relaxing, great views ( better to come)
Im in!!

Ferry with an open bar down below, like when i started work many years ago. Great way to commute. Never had so much as a sniffle and i always credited the sea air from the daily crossings. Very relaxing, great views ( better to come)
Im in!!
Unfortunately i think Ferries practically ceased to be a viable commuter service not long after Merseyrail/wirral line reopened and furthermore when each bus terminus was pretty much closed at each ferry terminal.

I've only mentioned Goodison on here when responding to people who have also done so.... some of those people now seem to be mentioning it far more than me for some strange reason.

However, I don't understand the aversion of mentioning our existing ground..... as Meis said, he wanted to recreate so much of what GP is about, and any proposals should always be measured against the starting point of what GP could be with similar investment.

As regards a Ferry landing stage or equally a station at Vauxhall I'm not sure Merseytravel have the resources at present, especially with their investments in new trains etc. I'm also not sure that they'd want to spend on a landing stage for a once a fortnight venue, as it wouldn't be cost effective. Perhaps they would consider one nearer to the 10 streets/Liverpool waters proposals to feed the more regular footfall of developments there.

Colin Chong has mentioned his disappointment that the Vauxhall station has fallen off the radar, as this was a major part of the transport plan to help better distribute and move fans before and after the match. Personally, I believe the whole waterfront (and BMD) redevelopment scheme is screaming for its own dedicated mass transit system. Whether that is a new northern branch from say Sandhills on elevated track along the dock road, Strand and onwards to Brunswick Dock (a la the overhead railway of yesteryear) or some extension of the proposed "Lime Line trackless trams" along the same route. The current transport plan is fairly vague about it all, indicating that many will be expected to walk into town, unless there is a new revision I haven't seen.
Any idea what plans they have for that big patch of land to the East of Great Howard Street?

It's a perfect place for an additional station. (And pretty much the only available place between Sandhills and Moorfields.)

Screenshot_20210915_123010.jpg

Any idea what plans they have for that big patch of land to the East of Great Howard Street?

It's a perfect place for an additional station. (And pretty much the only available place between Sandhills and Moorfields.)

View attachment 139092
I don’t know much about transport & planning etc, surely it wouldn’t cost the club too much to stick a station there (in the grand scheme of things), I’m sure Merseyrail and LCC wouldn’t object. That said, I have no idea who owns that patch of land and if it’s earmarked for anything else.

Colin Chong has mentioned his disappointment that the Vauxhall station has fallen off the radar, as this was a major part of the transport plan to help better distribute and move fans before and after the match. Personally, I believe the whole waterfront (and BMD) redevelopment scheme is screaming for its own dedicated mass transit system. Whether that is a new northern branch from say Sandhills on elevated track along the dock road, Strand and onwards to Brunswick Dock (a la the overhead railway of yesteryear) or some extension of the proposed "Lime Line trackless trams" along the same route. The current transport plan is fairly vague about it all, indicating that many will be expected to walk into town, unless there is a new revision I haven't seen.

If the original Liverpool Waters plus BMD came to fruition I think some kind of overhead railway/monorail
would have been ideal. The downgraded LW probably won't even be on a par with Salford media city, probably just enough for a station at Vauxhall. All down to the panderings of the city council for the WHS tag.

View attachment 139092

Yes, it looks like an ideal blank canvas and would serve the Stanley Dock developments well too, with potential for a significant enabling project to help fund it. Would probably need an island and western platform to give better marshalling and throughput.

That said, I think when the Vauxhall station was first mentioned, the preference was for a site closer to the 10 streets area because this was closer to halfway between Moorfields and Sandhills, and because it better served an area of more consistently dense demand/usage. These stations don't need a huge footprint, and if you follow google maps you'll see a few sections nearer 10 streets that might offer sufficient space either side of the track for a two platform layout adjacent to Love lane.

If the original Liverpool Waters plus BMD came to fruition I think some kind of overhead railway/monorail
would have been ideal. The downgraded LW probably won't even be on a par with Salford media city, probably just enough for a station at Vauxhall. All down to the panderings of the city council for the WHS tag.

I agree, the original plans would've definitely merited it on their own. The club would probably have to be the driver for this, and if so they could better influence the positioning of a vauxhall station to suit BMD.

At the same time, there is also talk of future expansion of the northern line with loops into eastern suburbs etc and the pressure it will put on Moorfields and Central station. So you never know, a dedicated waterfront branch line might be needed to kill two birds of relieving that pressure and opening up development opportunities, to get Liverpool waters closer to its original ambitious scale.

You have had one warning (language) since 2016 when you signed up.
Ive been banned by you for high maintenance - not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things.

The 'off topic' policy should always be seen as a general discussion, nothing needs to be overly linear so long as there is tangible links to the 'main topic'.

That said youve personally banned me for questioning the esk about his fantasy Moshiri / Usmanov claims - in a thread dedicated to Usmanov.
The point being made is the ban and whole 'off topic' policy was thrown at me because it suited your needs in allowing a friend unquestioned reign [he too was a mod at the time].

This thread suits Goodison redevelopment talk from @Tom Hughes , but at the same time clearly takes away 'new stadium discussion'. So unless you've changed your tune regarding 'off policy' a dedicated thread about Goodison could easily encompass said discussions - thou I respect Tom's call to continue here until otherwise told as that's how discussion works.

Then again I've never been banned according to you, so I'm chatting and you've always been fair game with hypocrisy.

Ive been banned by you for high maintenance - not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things.

The 'off topic' policy should always be seen as a general discussion, nothing needs to be overly linear so long as there is tangible links to the 'main topic'.

That said youve personally banned me for questioning the esk about his fantasy Moshiri / Usmanov claims - in a thread dedicated to Usmanov.
The point being made is the ban and whole 'off topic' policy was thrown at me because it suited your needs in allowing a friend unquestioned reign [he too was a mod at the time].

This thread suits Goodison redevelopment talk from @Tom Hughes , but at the same time clearly takes away 'new stadium discussion'. So unless you've changed your tune regarding 'off policy' a dedicated thread about Goodison could easily encompass said discussions - thou I respect Tom's call to continue here until otherwise told as that's how discussion works.

Then again I've never been banned according to you, so I'm chatting and you've always been fair game with hypocrisy.
Let it go mate.
Let. It. Go.

I've only mentioned Goodison on here when responding to people who have also done so.... some of those people now seem to be mentioning it far more than me for some strange reason.

However, I don't understand the aversion of mentioning our existing ground..... as Meis said, he wanted to recreate so much of what GP is about, and any proposals should always be measured against the starting point of what GP could be with similar investment.

As regards a Ferry landing stage or equally a station at Vauxhall I'm not sure Merseytravel have the resources at present, especially with their investments in new trains etc. I'm also not sure that they'd want to spend on a landing stage for a once a fortnight venue, as it wouldn't be cost effective. Perhaps they would consider one nearer to the 10 streets/Liverpool waters proposals to feed the more regular footfall of developments there.

It shall have it. So long as nothing drastic happens. It kind of has to happen for the city to remain relevant.

I didn't realise that was for that site. Says work was due to start in June.... has it?

Yeah, Phase 1 work has started and is already supplying Tobacco warehouse apartments. It was also offered as a supply for BMD but they elected to go largely for on site heat generation, rather than a heat network. They may have some sort of connection, but not for the major supply.

Information available here https://www.merseyheat.co.uk/