Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dani Alves available on a free after his contract was torn up over a financial dispute.

Looking for football to ensure he's in Brazil's WC squad and has just played at the Olympics with Richarlison.

Would definitely qualify as decent back up til the Summer

Dani Alves available on a free after his contract was torn up over a financial dispute.

Looking for football to ensure he's in Brazil's WC squad and has just played at the Olympics with Richarlison.

Would definitely qualify as decent back up til the Summer
It's not a good idea

It's not a good idea

Just how bad / good an idea would it be? I can remember Lucas Neil coming in having been a free agent and he actually did 'do a job'.

JJK couldn't hack it in Scotland, so Alves would have to have regressed pretty badly to now be worse than him. In which case, it's a matter of cost.

I'm not necessarily advocating bringing him in, at 38 there are bound to be fitness concerns, but I do feel our weakness at right back WILL end up biting us on the arse. Maybe it would be worth preventing this inevitable problem?

Just how bad / good an idea would it be? I can remember Lucas Neil coming in having been a free agent and he actually did 'do a job'.

JJK couldn't hack it in Scotland, so Alves would have to have regressed pretty badly to now be worse than him. In which case, it's a matter of cost.

I'm not necessarily advocating bringing him in, at 38 there are bound to be fitness concerns, but I do feel our weakness at right back WILL end up biting us on the arse. Maybe it would be worth preventing this inevitable problem?
Dani Alves is not a fullback you employ in a team that is going to hold a deep starting position without the ball

According to the Scotsman we are after Calvin Ramsay, the young Aberdeen right back. Haven't heard anything further up here about it but he's a fine young player. Very much in the Patterson mould but would probably be half the price. He is massively well regarded at Aberdeen.

According to the Scotsman we are after Calvin Ramsay, the young Aberdeen right back. Haven't heard anything further up here about it but he's a fine young player. Very much in the Patterson mould but would probably be half the price. He is massively well regarded at Aberdeen.

Funny you mention him, I can't remember who they played last weekend but I watched the highlights of it and he absolutely stood out by a mile. Me and my lad instantly said we'll need to keep an eye on that kid.

Kenny, Delph, the one can’t be named, James, Tosun and Lonergan. 6 first team players. All these will be released next summer. Guess how much wages this club are going to save?

Begović gets a year extension as back-up.

Kenny, Delph, the one can’t be named, James, Tosun and Lonergan. 6 first team players. All these will be released next summer. Guess how much wages this club are going to save?

Begović gets a year extension as back-up.

I'd say 300k per week not counting James. If we count James it'll be closer to 1m per week due to his 700k a week wages.

Even without James, just getting the others off the books is saving about 13-14m in wages a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.