2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A paper thin squad is why.

Gray/DCL/Doucoure get injured and its Iwobi, Rondon,Gomes playing and the team is totally different.

We are miles away squad depth wise.
That's what happened last season we lost allan for a lot of the season and doucoure for the run in ,we will need a bit of luck regarding injuries and losing DCL for possibly a couple of months certainly won't help

I think most fans are level headed at present and know:

1. Funds are tight so he hasn't been able to bring in the players required to fight for europe over 38 games

2. There is no one better out there to replace him with

I fancy us to drop points away at Villa - some will be made up on social media but most will understand Villa are a tough side and being at home under the lights they'll be very tough to beat certainly without our top goalscorer.
A point at Villa will be fine considering its away, DCL is out, and they got a kicking against Burnley.

The only things I want to see are the continued levels of effort and intensity the team have shown, and try not to lose the lead if we get it.

It's another good test, there isn't much between us and them.

A point at Villa will be fine considering its away, DCL is out, and they got a kicking against Burnley.

The only things I want to see are the continued levels of effort and intensity the team have shown, and try not to lose the lead if we get it.

Yes think villa we be a good test probably our hardest yet but like Brighton there will try to play and we do have pace to worry villa

Rondon is a decent squad player but the drop off between DCL and Rondon to say Ronaldo and Rashford is big. Same as its bigger than the likes of Ings to Watkins

Look at the top 7 or so clubs depth and then look at ours only those wildy optimistic or with an axe to grind with the manager can argue we should be competing for europe whilst fighting on double fronts in the domestic cups.

Our front 3x against QPR will likely be Gordon, Rondon and Iwobi

Utd can field Martial, Cavani and Rashford

Absolute miles away - maybe next summer we can continue to add depth to the squad.

Yep, it’s only really CB we have any depth. We’re basically praying for a campaign without injury for Digne Allan Docuoure DCL and Richalrison to have any chance. The fact DCL already has an injury shows you it’s only a certain team from across the park they can go a whole season playing the same 11 without the squad getting tested.

If we can repeat Burnley game from 52min, don't have any worries...

He's done well so far in turning games back in our favour ( two home games ) but villa will be completely different, we play like we did in both home games first half villa will be out of sight by the time he tries to change it.

Rondon is a decent squad player but the drop off between DCL and Rondon to say Ronaldo and Rashford is big. Same as its bigger than the likes of Ings to Watkins

Look at the top 7 or so clubs depth and then look at ours only those wildy optimistic or with an axe to grind with the manager can argue we should be competing for europe whilst fighting on double fronts in the domestic cups.

Our front 3x against QPR will likely be Gordon, Rondon and Iwobi

Utd can field Martial, Cavani and Rashford

Absolute miles away - maybe next summer we can continue to add depth to the squad.
United will be challenging for the title, or should be anyway. We don't need to compare to them.

We could leap over the likes of West Ham, Arsenal Leeds and Leicester, even Spurs with a bit of luck.

Benitez will be expecting nothing less than that.

I must admit when he was managing them I never did really pay much attention to him, I though he was an ok manager, a decent manager, didn't smile much and abit drab.

I underestimated him in all those categories, he is quite clearly not only a manager but a coach and he knows what he is doing, he has forked out 1.7M on 2 first choice wingers in a club that has wasted 100s of millions on absolute garbage.

With the backing he was given we should not expect anything big this season (I don't) but I am confident he will finish above our position last year, this team is showing fight and guts from behind now and it's a very nice and pleasant change.

He's done well so far in turning games back in our favour ( two home games ) but villa will be completely different, we play like we did in both home games first half villa will be out of sight by the time he tries to change it.

alternatively play like we did vs Brighton and we will give them a lot of problems (especially if they play like they did vs Watford)

Was watching a YT video before the season started with Neville, Keane and Carragher discussing the season. Carragher said if Liverpool are beating us at Goodison Park their fans will start belting out his song. Can bet your life it would happen too.

That right there is one of a number of reasons I will never get behind him here.

Just reading though this thread the pitchfork gang are out in force after our 3-1 win saying HE GOT HIS PLAN A WRONG - when we draw or lose I will give this forum a rest for a week because these helmets are coiling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.