2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s a good manager, probably an average/poor one really - but the happy clappers have us winning the league and CL on the back of possibly the easiest 4 game start we have had in recent memory.
It is on Benitez now. He has inherited a top squad and if he is not challenging for the CL places at the very least he'll get the boot. If he can get over his mental issue I think he will do it.

Richy on the bench ??????

There was a time I never thought I'd see myself type that. However if we play 4-3-3 and everyone is fit he is competing at LW with a bang in form Gray or ST with DCL. I like a left footer on the right so at the minute Townsend claims that. Richarlison is top class but he has pretty much played since last June and at the minute his antics are becoming a nuisance. Fighting over the ball for penalties. Rolling round everywhere. The rest might actually do him good.

I'll tell you what though after last night I'm a bit relieved we were too skint to buy Mcneil. One of the most one dimensional one footed players I've ever seen

We need to dial down our expectations over the coming weeks when we play better teams given that the Calvert-Lewin injury robs us of a fair chunk of our attacking threat.

We'll be doing well to get 5/7 points out of the next 4 games.
Nil satis...

Villa should be doable. QPR and Norwich very winnable. United hard buy no defeatist attitude is required to get anything.

I hope Benitez's expectations are not dialled in.

We did first 5 games last yr
Fine. As long as we win then great. Carlo could not appear to inspire coming back in games like tonight. Burnley are a team of knuckle draggers like Wimbledon used to be. I recall some people wanted their caveman manager at one point.
Early days and we do not have the greatest or deepest squad, but we seem to have discovered some grit.
Richy on the bench ??????
usually on his ass

Status
Not open for further replies.