2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RB will rotate squad ( which will frustrate fans)
, depending on how far Everton reaches in the Cup, he might prioritize the cup over the league, this depends on Evertons league position, and what you are fighting for.
However the lack of depth in Everton's squad will pose a problem, especially if you have injuries and how far you get in the Cups.

For me the cups are a distraction this season - the squad isn't strong enough to go all the way & the depth is too weak to risk too many injuries.

For me the priority has to be the league this season and trying to squeeze into 7th spot if we overacheive and try get back into europe.

RB will rotate squad ( which will frustrate fans)
, depending on how far Everton reaches in the Cup, he might prioritize the cup over the league, this depends on Evertons league position, and what you are fighting for.
However the lack of depth in Everton's squad will pose a problem, especially if you have injuries and how far you get in the Cups.
If he rotates it with the same aggressive determination that he applies to the lazy Susan at the New Orchid Garden everyone will be fuming.

For me the cups are a distraction this season - the squad isn't strong enough to go all the way & the depth is too weak to risk too many injuries.

For me the priority has to be the league this season and trying to squeeze into 7th spot if we overacheive and try get back into europe.
I like what you're saying, but if there's a chance to win something again we have to go for it.

It's been too long; and a cup gets you Europe.

I like what you're saying, but if there's a chance to win something again we have to go for it.

It's been too long; and a cup gets you Europe.

yeah the 1995 factor has been hanging over us for far too long by this point

win a cup or even play at Wembeley, and the players get some winning mentality and we can build from there

Mourinho used to focus a surprising amount league cup every year to instill a winner mindset in his teams

win a cup or even play at Wembeley, and the players get some winning mentality and we can build from there

Mourinho used to focus a surprising amount league cup every year to instill a winner mindset in his teams
Problem with the league cup route is Guardiola also tries to win it every season soyou have to get passed a very very good City team

Agree on this, beating Watford in 84 started a great run, winning a cup is always the catalyst, Howard knew it, Pep knows it, and Jose, and we can be sure Rafael knows it too

Easily done when you have Chelsea's squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.