2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're getting it wrong, if he is successful and subsequently Everton are - happy days and yes I'll say I was wrong 100%
My underlying view is that I don't think he's that arsed, that's all
It's an opinion but I'm not sure what it is based on.

He's undoubtedly a very rich man and could easily walk away from football tomorrow. But none of us has any idea what level of ambition he still has to play the game at he top level. he's still only 30.

If he has that ambition, then he has to perform to a high standard this year if he is to firstly earn himself a decent domestic contract when ours expires next summer, and secondly to play his way back into the Colombian squad for the world cup.

Football as a 90 minute spectacle is largely tedious. I'd agree with that.

But talk of events from 50-60 years ago in a completely different age, when football could also be rather dull at times, doesn't alter anything. There isn't a professional football manager in the game who's job is to mimic a romantic, rose-tinted unreliable narrative of what the game supposedly used to be.

The game has always valued hard work, channel runs and been full of yard-dogs and dour sides. It's not a modern thing.
Oh, I'm not saying it was perfect, but I reserve the right to object when players like James can be cast aside.

Er, I'm going to bed.

we don't have all the facts admittedly, but if he has to go into quarantine as a result of his jaunt to Ibiza then that's on him. He's destablilising potentially because of the negative headlines he generates. We will have to deal over the next four months with constant references to the fact James is out in the cold. That's not good for anyone. I agree he is popular with the squad, but that doesn't help Benitez, the opposite really.
They aren't equals here. Benitez is the boss. And if he uses his reach to undermine the manager that is a situation it is understandable the club would wish to avoid. The very fact he is staying tells me he is going to be a nuisance. He knows Benitez doesn't want him, so why not cut a deal with another team? cos he can sit on his backside for nine months on a million quid a month, taking random pops at a guy he doesn't like? That seems a worryingly likely scenario.
Show me evidence of a single pop he's made at Benitez since he became our manager.

How do you know that James hasn't had both jabs?. he wouldn't need to quarantine.

He hasn't been frozen out yet. It's just an opinion hat he might be. Common sense tells me that our attacking squad is so thin that he won't be frozen out.

He's made 1 negative headline which is the Leeds game comment, which in itself was blown out of all proportion. he hadn't even been with the squad for the best part of 2 weeks.

Let's just wait and see what happens between now and the next International break. We'll have more idea whether the manager has any intention of including him in the matchday squads.

Show me evidence of a single pop he's made at Benitez since he became our manager.

How do you know that James hasn't had both jabs?. he wouldn't need to quarantine.

He hasn't been frozen out yet. It's just an opinion hat he might be. Common sense tells me that our attacking squad is so thin that he won't be frozen out.

He's made 1 negative headline which is the Leeds game comment, which in itself was blown out of all proportion. he hadn't even been with the squad for the best part of 2 weeks.

Let's just wait and see what happens between now and the next International break. We'll have more idea whether the manager has any intention of including him in the matchday squads.
he's not stupid enough to start saying Benitez is an idiot. But the fact he didn't leave, forgot who we were playing, then took off for shots of him on his yacht smoking his head off tells you all you need to know about his relationship with the manager. I said above we don't have all the facts yet about Ibiza, i's just another issue to add to the list. And we're just speculating at the moment, of course we are. Noone knows how the next four months are going to pan out, I'd be delighted if he became an effective plan B. But I'm definitely not betting on it, not after what we've seen the last few weeks.

he's not stupid enough to start saying Benitez is an idiot. But the fact he didn't leave, forgot who we were playing, then took off for shots of him on his yacht smoking his head off tells you all you need to know about his relationship with the manager. I said above we don't have all the facts yet about Ibiza, i's just another issue to add to the list. And we're just speculating at the moment, of course we are. Noone knows how the next four months are going to pan out, I'd be delighted if he became an effective plan B. But I'm definitely not betting on it, not after what we've seen the last few weeks.
So basically you're saying that he has disrespected the manager and/or the club because

1) He stayed to fight for his place
2) He posted a picture of himself on holiday vaping
3) He didn't know which team we were playing after being away from the squad for nearly 2 weeks

lol lol lol lol

Any chance of James being in match day squad on Monday night, love to see him under the lights...
1631109400598.jpeg

These are the only lights he’ll be under on Monday evening ?

So basically you're saying that he has disrespected the manager and/or the club because

1) He stayed to fight for his place
2) He posted a picture of himself on holiday vaping
3) He didn't know which team we were playing after being away from the squad for nearly 2 weeks

lol lol lol lol
no, I'm saying what I said above. His actions tell you he and Benitez don't get on, and that is going to play out over the next four months.
Maybe I'm wrong, and they work something out to the benefit of everyone, we'll see. wont we.

Status
Not open for further replies.