2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I can’t blame Seamus obviously. The international managers don’t give a damn about keeping guys healthy as the breaks are weeks apart and it doesn’t affect them in any way if our guys miss a week or two in the league. I hate international qualifiers.

It's all on the club mate

He's coming back guys.

PA-21576448[1].jpg

Oh I am...they both played for ireland at young age groups...plus I am sure that if they can speed up customs when going on they regular mini breaks throughout the year in the continent, they will take that chance as many brits have done since brexit
I suppose, but it seems a lot of trouble for British passport holders to go to just to get through airports a bit more quickly.

I assume that they hold British passports as they were born in England.

Apols to our Irish members but why doesn't he just bin it off?

The team is absolute garbage, qualification looks shakey at best.

Yeah I'm annoyed, stems back from when M O'N was the manager. Coleman would ALWAYS insist on joining up even if he was 80% fit, he'd play and come back for several weeks out.

International football should be shoehorned into off seasons. Let's see how committed the players are when it's a choice between Mykonos or a series of meaningless qualifiers.

Yeah I'm annoyed, stems back from when M O'N was the manager. Coleman would ALWAYS insist on joining up even if he was 80% fit, he'd play and come back for several weeks out.

International football should be shoehorned into off seasons. Let's see how committed the players are when it's a choice between Mykonos or a series of meaningless qualifiers.

It's not really meaningless for a team like Ireland is it though? They're trying to qualify.

I really, really have no issue with players wanting to represent their country. In the vast majority of cases, that's always the first wish as a player when you're growing up isn't it.

Coleman has every right to go and play for Ireland. Maybe he needs to be more careful and they need to manage him better, but ultimately this situation is only a problem because of Everton being completely inept.

Everton shouldn't be relying on Coleman to play every game, yet we are heading into yet another season where that is the case. The blame and frustration should not be directed anywhere but this tinpot club and the idiots in charge.

It's not really meaningless for a team like Ireland is it though? They're trying to qualify.

I really, really have no issue with players wanting to represent their country. In the vast majority of cases, that's always the first wish as a player when you're growing up isn't it.

Coleman has every right to go and play for Ireland. Maybe he needs to be more careful and they need to manage him better, but ultimately this situation is only a problem because of Everton being completely inept.

Everton shouldn't be relying on Coleman to play every game, yet we are heading into yet another season where that is the case. The blame and frustration should not be directed anywhere but this tinpot club and the idiots in charge.
It is meaningless. They have no chance of qualifying.
Their halfwit manager admits that he is planning for a tournament in 2 years .....so why play Coleman.

You're absolutely right, it's ridiculous that we haven't replaced him/got a solid challenger for his shirt.

Doesn't change the fact that all top players should remember who gives them a wonderful lifestyle and secures their families future for a generation or two.

The recent injury wasn't predictable but in the past he's joined up with ROI before kicking a ball for Everton after being injured during his last international outing. (and of course coming back broken)

I tho

As an Irish man I would have been happy for him to sit out the game the wknd and tonight and come back after playing one game.

Hes the captain so I don't see him stepping away but he needs to take a look at it now and make a call.

That Irish team atm is all about leaving the young lads in the team and sticking with them while writing off next 2 campaigns . Seamus obviously plays a leaders role still on the pitch but the body isn't up to it.

Still blame Brands for failing to do his job over 6 windows. This would not be an issue if the RB thing got sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.