2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to worry about then if the left side is their strongest.

Plenty here have said McNeil is absolutely garbage and it's a joke he was linked.

Their right must be awful.
McNeil is absolutely not crap.
IMO he is a very good young player as we might ( yet again) find out to our cost on Monday.

I tho

As an Irish man I would have been happy for him to sit out the game the wknd and tonight and come back after playing one game.

Hes the captain so I don't see him stepping away but he needs to take a look at it now and make a call.

That Irish team atm is all about leaving the young lads in the team and sticking with them while writing off next 2 campaigns . Seamus obviously plays a leaders role still on the pitch but the body isn't up to it.

Still blame Brands for failing to do his job over 6 windows. This would not be an issue if the RB thing got sorted

I would be optimistic that the 2nd next campaign- WC again- will see us having a strong, experienced squad.

The former Rovers keeper is superb, and is only 19! Lots of potential outfield too.

I would be optimistic that the 2nd next campaign- WC again- will see us having a strong, experienced squad.

The former Rovers keeper is superb, and is only 19! Lots of potential outfield too.
Yes I agree pal. Some really good young players in that squad and the in the 21s and below too. Keeper could be next City new one if his career is managed right. Hes top class at everything he does including his feet

Only Seamus can pick up a hamstring injury during the international break and still recover in time for the next premier league match. Anyone else would probably be missing for weeks or if your name is Delph, years.

Well in Coleman lad, our best right back option by far until we finally bring in a replacement.

Only Seamus can pick up a hamstring injury during the international break and still recover in time for the next premier league match. Anyone else would probably be missing for weeks or if your name is Delph, years.

Well in Coleman lad, our best right back option by far until we finally bring in a replacement.
This is the issue mate

He won't have recovered, he simply can't have done.

Any hamstring strain needs 10-14 days minimum.

Him wanting to play is great and because our crap recruitment failed to get a RB in we need it but, honestly, it's better not to risk him for this one game.

This is the issue mate

He won't have recovered, he simply can't have done.

Any hamstring strain needs 10-14 days minimum.

Him wanting to play is great and because our crap recruitment failed to get a RB in we need it but, honestly, it's better not to risk him for this one game.
To be fair though mate, we don't know what Benitez and his medical staff know as regards the injury and i very much doubt he would put him on against Burnley if he thought it was risky knowing that he could lose him for an extended period with no quality back up for him. Have to just trust that the gaffer knows what he is doing i guess.

there's absolutely no way he should play on Monday.

He'll just aggravate it and then be out for weeks.

Give him a week off and get him back for the Villa game.
I mean we dont know how bad the injury was/is, but it does seem beyond stupid to risk him, especially with something like a hamstring.

McNeil is absolutely not crap.
IMO he is a very good young player as we might ( yet again) find out to our cost on Monday.
Quite a few are quick to write off more or less everybody.

I can’t really say I’ve watched him play so I’ll reserve judgment for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.