Everton Youth Teams Thread

I mean, we didn't sign Branthwaite at 16 so... even Simms if he makes it here is a City product. If we go back to when Rooney came through here's who they've had and who we've had:

Davies
Kenny
Dowell
Barkley
Duffy
Rodwell
Anichebe
Rooney
Osman
Hibbo

Simms (Up to 16) if he makes it.
Eric Garcia (16)
Jadon Sancho
Brahim Diaz (15)
Tyrese Campbell (will be a PL player)
Rony Lopes (16)
David Brooks
Tosin Adarabioyo
Kasper Schmeichel
Micah Richards
Sturridge
Ben Mee
Trippier
Ireland

….if thats a list of Academy players who have graduated to the PL, wouldn’t the likes of Lundstrum count? Jeffers, Ball, Dunne, Cadamarteri played in the same era as Osman/Hibbert. Vaughan came after Rooney.

I mean, we didn't sign Branthwaite at 16 so... even Simms if he makes it here is a City product. If we go back to when Rooney came through here's who they've had and who we've had:

Davies
Kenny
Dowell
Barkley
Duffy
Rodwell
Anichebe
Rooney
Osman
Hibbo

Simms (Up to 16) if he makes it.
Eric Garcia (16)
Jadon Sancho
Brahim Diaz (15)
Tyrese Campbell (will be a PL player)
Rony Lopes (16)
David Brooks
Tosin Adarabioyo
Kasper Schmeichel
Micah Richards
Sturridge
Ben Mee
Trippier
Ireland

We have a few more who are at a reasonably good level:

Browning (we got a decent fee, china league level is debatable)
Forshaw
Lundstram
Adam Davies
Mustafi
Ledson/Walsh aren't bad

I mean we never will; we all love the academy football too but you must wonder at what point an academy becomes a bit pointless.

It's like working in an industry with apprenticeships and never taking any of them on in the end.

Yeh no chance it'll ever happen but should definitely look into doing a feasibility study or something.

….if thats a list of Academy players who have graduated to the PL, wouldn’t the likes of Lundstrum count? Jeffers, Ball, Dunne, Cadamarteri played in the same era as Osman/Hibbert. Vaughan came after Rooney.

I was only really going from Rooney onwards but kept Hibbo and Osman to bulk out the list that's why Jeffers etc. aren't there. Wouldn't really consider Vaughan myself but can add Lundstrum and I guess Forshaw if he gets a game this year.

Everton: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton/jugendarbeit/verein/29

City: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/jugendarbeit/verein/281

Good players are pretty much targeted by every club by about 13, the new trend is reassessing the options at 17 rather than just staying with the club you've developed at.

I know it sounds negative but Everton are failing to convince players there is a realistic chance of first team football. Kids at Man Utd know the club values young players, that isn't the case at Everton. We'll always retain the Evertonian kids who dream of playing for us but the likes of Cho and Small want to play football and need a better plan than we are offering.