Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should start terminating contracts
Start with this tit

https%3A%2F%2Fprincerupertstower.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1076393200-850x560.jpeg

I keep seeing this reference to James playing on the right of a 433

Ancelotti changed that because we couldn't cope with how much we were exposed defensively with James playing there. You won't be seeing that again under Benitez.

Secondly, the tactical pieces that Benitez has written in the Athletic and Times in the past, he talks about the importance of pace in attacking wide areas in modern football, particularly against top sides. As brilliant as he can be, James is one of the slowest attacking players we've had.

I suspect the only position you'll see him in would be as a number 10 and he won't be starting games other than the league cup unless there are injuries to contend with.
No he didn't.

He changed it because Coleman and Richarlison got injured and suspended in the game after the end of the transfer window when we'd decided not to sign another forward or a right-back. As I've just said to Iguana, it's easy to fall into that trap of a statement but it's not true when you think back mate.

James then got injured too, missed the Newcastle game and the only time we played 4-3-3 after that was against Man Utd when it was defensive marking errors which allowed Fernandes and Rashford free runs into the area.

We didn't play 4-3-3 again.

Also, a 4-3-3 doesn't really have to have wide forwards. But I get your drift. We'll see how Rafael incorporates him. All I know is he absolutely should in some way. There's no way he can't be in the squad at least. And for one, he needs to play at Goodison in front of a crowd.

Any bets on who's getting a big juicy contract for us to 'celebrate' this week? My bets on either Gomes or Davies.

Because they're not.

If the club can show in the accounts that costs are attributed to infrastructure investment then they are not counted towards UEFA FFP or Premier League Profit and Sustainability rules.

No, but the money to pay for either assets or liabilities needs to come from the same pot. If we know we have future financial outlays that has to be taken into account in current spending. It seems for the first time that realisation has hit Farhad.

We should do away with a director of football, it doesn’t seem to work for us, Moyes didn’t have one here and most of his signings were very good.
The premise of a director of football is Perfect to for Everton. Someone who controls the signings and transfers of a club to lead then through regardless of the manager.

but Everton hired someone who is completely incompetent or hamstrung to hire the whims of 12 month managers

No he didn't.

He changed it because Coleman and Richarlison got injured and suspended in the game after the end of the transfer window when we'd decided not to sign another forward or a right-back. As I've just said to Iguana, it's easy to fall into that trap of a statement but it's not true when you think back mate.

James then got injured too, missed the Newcastle game and the only time we played 4-3-3 after that was against Man Utd when it was defensive marking errors which allowed Fernandes and Rashford free runs into the area.

We didn't play 4-3-3 again.

People forget the position we were in last Dec, it’s like it didn’t happen and Jamo a massive influence in contributing to that, it’s like reinventing history, we struggled when he struggled with his fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.