Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly James is a superbly talented footballer with wonderful technique and vision.
However he doesn't fit into how Benitez wants to set his team up so apart from an impact sub I really can't see him getting a game.
Equally I can't see James being happy with such a role.
He’s happy with his pay check or he would’ve moved. He knew the score

So benitez makes the signings but brands agrees the outgoings and benitez has no say in that? What a load of tosh. If benitez has a say in the incoming transfers then he will sanction those leaving knowing the incoming aren't happening as well.

So it's not all on brands and this agenda against him.
Wtf are you on about?

The problem is James can't be coached into a system where he has responsibilities, defending, tackling and tracking back.

Still think he'd be useful off the bench when we are after a goal. What a sub to have.
He'd be fine if we could really press because he's got the brain to pressure quickly and cut angles. The rest of the team is not a good fit for constantly pressing high. We have to pick our moments. Which means he has to track back and his legs can't handle it.

So benitez makes the signings but brands agrees the outgoings and benitez has no say in that? What a load of tosh. If benitez has a say in the incoming transfers then he will sanction those leaving knowing the incoming aren't happening as well.

So it's not all on brands and this agenda against him.
Thing is, brands has been here 4 years, Benitez has been here 8 weeks. This is brands fault for creating this abortion of a squad.

He's one or two injuries away from starting, and one or two injuries could happen in the next game

If we'd signed a right-back, as we've needed to for three years, he'd be able to be rotated with Townsend a bit easier.

But we aren't by the looks, so maybe we could see a three every so often in games James does start, and rotate that way.

We've looked the best we looked going forward in years at the start of last season playing 4-3-3, let's not forget.

It's about being able to mix and match.

I'd rather he left if it meant getting Diaz in but that's not happened so let's use him.

I keep seeing this reference to James playing on the right of a 433

Ancelotti changed that because we couldn't cope with how much we were exposed defensively with James playing there. You won't be seeing that again under Benitez.

Secondly, the tactical pieces that Benitez has written in the Athletic and Times in the past, he talks about the importance of pace in attacking wide areas in modern football, particularly against top sides. As brilliant as he can be, James is one of the slowest attacking players we've had.

I suspect the only position you'll see him in would be as a number 10 and he won't be starting games other than the league cup unless there are injuries to contend with.

Better than 3 players that didn’t play for us at all last season pretty much? Not sure that is much of a step forward.

They were squad players that didn’t play because they weren’t good enough to challenge for a starting spot, we’ve replaced them with 3 players that (so far, and unknown with Rondon) are.

How is it that we've not been able to spend any money all Summer, and then all of a sudden in the last couple of days we start throwing 30m bids out for a player in Portugal?

Where was this earlier?

They need to have a serious think about Brands. Either he's not allowed to do his job properly or he's awful at it. Either way there is no point to him. Just give control of it to the manager. The DoF model doesn't suit us.

Status
Not open for further replies.