2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody seems to want him, it’s all a bit strange.
I think the ridiculous wages football allowed itself to indulge in is finally coming back to bite clubs and players on the arse. We have struggled to move players on simply because we are paying them much much more than their worth, we've seen it at Arsenal with Ozil and Sanchez at Utd.

The sooner wages are capped the better, it's just pure greed and agents driving that greed. We are where we are because we tried to play the game but the players we picked just weren't good enough on the field and were never worth the wages we gave them.

James is a bit different, he actually would be worth the money if he could stay fit but then he also wouldn't be here, swings and roundabouts.

One of my enduring regrets as an Evertonian is that I will never get to see him playing for Everton in person
I said this last year when he played out of his skin against WBA scoring those goals and laying others on. If a full house would have been there, Ancelloti would have substituted him and the player would have left the field to thunderous applauding leaving him in no doubt about our feelings towards him. You never know, that may have changed his supposed crappy attitude towards us.

I said this last year when he played out of his skin against WBA scoring those goals and laying others on. If a full house would have been there, Ancelloti would have substituted him and the player would have left the field to thunderous applauding leaving him in no doubt about our feelings towards him. You never know, that may have changed his supposed crappy attitude towards us.
Absolutely.
James has no emotional attachment to Everton and there is no reason why he should.
No player signs for us because he loves the club. The hope is that they grow to love the club and form a bond with the supporters. As you say, this hasn't been the case with James for reasons beyond his control.
Players such as Alan Ball, Andy King, Duncan Ferguson, Seamus Coleman (and many others) had zero interest in Everton until they felt the passion of the Goodison crowds.

Baz and Ped usually have the good oil on what’s happening in the footie world. Baz in particular is very well connected. Neither Baz nor Ped have revealed any transfer info around Dirty...so I would assume he’s not going anywhere and will be playing in front of a packed Goodison as soon as a fortnight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.