2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think style of play, would be a reason for him not being in the plans. We are trying to play a fast pace. Obviously wages will be a factor.
You could be right. However, Id still love to see him play even what proves a cameo appearance in this new pacey set-up. There's enough pace up front but we saw with Allan's measured through balls on Saturday how effective they can be. James has this skill in abundance... and then some. Lots of other factors in a difficult situation involved though, I know.

You know how it works on here, make something up, present it as fact and within a few posts it`s gospel lol
Only I didn't make it up.

Reported in Spain last summer as a 20m deal. Then it emerged he was free. So the 20m may well have referred to his package.

Add in its been reported in recent weeks by The Echo, The Athletic and The Independent as 200k. It's possible they were briefed by the club to sway opinion amongst the fan base, but who knows.

Whatever he's on, it's far too much in comparison to others when you consider his availability.

Last edited:
So what's the absolute minimum he's on? And why do you think it's more accurate?

My 200k comes from when it was initially reported he was coming it was mentioned in Spain it was a 20m deal.

It then comes out he was actually a free signing.

20m ÷ 104 (contract length) is 192k a week.

Even if it was Euros, that's 165k a week, our biggest earner by almost 40%, for a player who's available for 60% of the time.

Add in the fact it's been recently reported in several news outlets it's 200k I'm leaning closer to that than some of the lunatics who reckon he's on 90k.

Get rid. (though I'll be amazed if we manage to)
He’s on a £90k a week, he was on £200k a week at Madrid. It was reported everywhere.

The £200k a week nonsense appeared again when the club clearly wanted shut of him. The easiest way to do this is feed the media and let the fans decide someone on £200k a week is stop us from buying anyone.

Edit: it seems you’re one of the people that bought the media narrative

He’s on a £90k a week, he was on £200k a week at Madrid. It was reported everywhere.

The £200k a week nonsense appeared again when the club clearly wanted shut of him. The easiest way to do this is feed the media and let the fans decide someone on £200k a week is stop us from buying anyone.

I dont want to get into an argument but the simple answer is that no one really knows. All we do know is it will be a lot for a player who probably won't play much and possibly doesn't want to be here.

I dont want to get into an argument but the simple answer is that no one really knows. All we do know is it will be a lot for a player who probably won't play much and possibly doesn't want to be here.
Clearly, but bizarre that when he signed he’s on £90k; but when the club want rid he’s on £200k

It’s not like the club have ever used the media to spin a narrative before

He must be available and contributing if he is staying.

Clearly, with the type of player he is, and his injury record, it would have to be sparingly, but we have to get value from him one way or another.

I really hope he goes now at this point though, its obvious both sides want that, and we can fill his spot in the squad at least rather than replace him.

I assume he is a very wealthy individual, so what level of wage cut he would be prepared to take is the question.

If he was that bothered, he could take a leaf from Willian's book, as could several other players here.

Have you seen his wage slip?

Bale is on (widely reported) 530 a week at Madrid. James on less than half that there? OK.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Even 90k (if it is) is poor value. And I'm a fan of what he can do.

Have you seen his wage slip?

Bale is on (widely reported) 530 a week at Madrid. James on less than half that there? OK.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Even 90k (if it is) is poor value. And I'm a fan of what he can do.
You’re the one who started the “reported” wage; when I counter your statement with what was actually reported you’re now asking if I’ve seen his wage slip lol lol lol lol lol

Th
You’re the one who started the “reported” wage; when I counter your statement with what was actually reported you’re now asking if I’ve seen his wage slip lol lol lol lol lol
That's kinda the point?

You have seen 90 reported.

I have seen 200 reported.

Both of us seem pretty entrenched in our belief. I at least backed mine up with some basic workings out and arguments.

Th

That's kinda the point?

You have seen 90 reported.

I have seen 200 reported.

Both of us seem pretty entrenched in our belief. I at least backed mine up with some basic workings out and arguments.
You’ve worked it out on reported figures; so you’re in the same situation.

I’ll say this, because I can’t be arsed going around in circles, I guarantee £90k is closer.

But you keep believing the club mate, they’ve never spun a line to keep the fans onside

You’ve worked it out on reported figures; so you’re in the same situation.

I’ll say this, because I can’t be arsed going around in circles, I guarantee £90k is closer.

But you keep believing the club mate, they’ve never spun a line to keep the fans onside
I'm well aware of the clubs record in leaking stories.

I am taking into account the earliest reports of what the deal was (from Spanish media) and adding it in what has come out since then.

As mentioned by someone earlier.... If he was on 90 we'd easily find some other mugs to take him.

Shame he's entirely unsuitable/unreliable. I'd have loved to see him play.

If he’s on 90k a week, why aren’t other clubs wanting to sign him?
Did you remember that massive thing that’s just happened over the last 18 months, the one whereby nobody was allowed in the grounds. Well what’s happened as a consequence is clubs are basically flat broke.

Mad things happening like certain teams massively breaching wage caps, other world renowned institutions taking in additional loans to keep operating, clubs having fire sales because they’re worrying about folding.

It’s not like they wanted to create a super league or anything to ensure the money didn’t dry up

Status
Not open for further replies.