Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beat Neal never dreamt his name would be mentioned in the same sentence as Messi.
You've just made him very happy WM.
Fans forums are always insane. Everyone is either "great" or "awful". I was just trying to demonstrate that if you call Neal Maupay "great" it leaves little space above him. In my opinion Neal Maupay is "fine". I'm against his signing but if he came it would be "fine" not "great".

Well Potter has been at Brighton longer than 5 minutes, has been backed with more money and actually has a functional team.

When Benitez has all of the above then you can start to proportion him with half of the blame but until then sit back and admire his work.
So your position now is that Brighton have greater resources than Everton? You might want to check both sides wage bills. Would you honestly swap our squad with Brighton's?

Fans forums are always insane. Everyone is either "great" or "awful". I was just trying to demonstrate that if you call Neal Maupay "great" it leaves little space above him. In my opinion Neal Maupay is "fine". I'm against his signing but if he came it would be "fine" not "great".
I've not seen much of him to be fair but when I have see him he looks like an angry aggressive striker who can't finish particularly well. Not sure what his role would be here apart from as a bench warmer.

I've not seen much of him to be fair but when I have see him he looks like an angry aggressive striker who can't finish particularly well. Not sure what his role would be here apart from as a bench warmer.
Yep, he's fine. Nothing to get excited about though.

So your position now is that Brighton have greater resources than Everton? You might want to check both sides wage bills. Would you honestly swap our squad with Brighton's?

Potter has spent more money than Benitez has at Everton thats all that matters.

Wage Bill means nothing when the club has millions tied up in gash from Walsh/Brands still around the place.

Potter has spent more money than Benitez has at Everton thats all that matters.

Wage Bill means nothing when the club has millions tied up in gash from Walsh/Brands still around the place.
You also said that Brighton had a functional first team, implying that we do not. So, I'll ask again, would you honestly swap our squad with Brighton's?

Always? Like when?
Well, with FFP some smaller European clubs have received bans from European competitions for a year whilst the largest offenders like City get off with fines, some of which gets deferred. From an Everton standpoint, when the FA decided diving was bad and worthy of suspensions, our guy Niasse is one of maybe two ever punished despite the repeated offenses of players like Salah…

They’re never going to do anything that really hurts their cash cows. Don’t think they’d give a crap about being harsh with Everton.

I'm pretty sure he was the worst striker in the Premier league last season according to the stats in terms of finishing chances. Given his price I'm not sure signing the striker of a club who struggled to score goals despite creating chances is the way forward.

You also said that Brighton had a functional first team, implying that we do not. So, I'll ask again, would you honestly swap our squad with Brighton's?

Its not about swapping players - Leeds have 2-3 actual good players the rest make up a very functional unit that have had years under Biesla to play a particular way.

Benitez has had five minutes with a squad of largely one paced cowards.

Two totally different scenarios.

I don't think Everton's board have a deathwish, Digne is settled and City have been sniffing around him for ages, without any bid forthcoming, honestly, I think teams like City unlike Everton test the water with the player before making a play - I think Digne is content and has enough loyalty to the club not to stiff us with a few days to go in the transfer market, particularly if as it seems more and more likely that we lose Richie to PSG.

I dont think Digne is going anywhere until hes 33 ish.

Yeah like Everton could sign him lol

I think there are alot of young players who would usually have been sold to the elite sides.

However, not many are spending big money this window...those players may see us as an entry to the premier league for a couple of years before a sale.

Only 3 maybe 4 of our players would get in Brightons first team imo and they just sold a player for 50m.

Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Mina, Doucoure, Richarlison and DCL off the top of my head would walk into their team.

Bissouma, Lamptey and Livramento into ours...other than those 3 im struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.