2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may not be the best striker in the league but when you think about some of the strikers we have had playing for us over the last 30 odd years, giving this lad grief just seems agenda driven. We've had some utter utter guff and apart from Dunc, Rom and Yak this lad is probably the best we've had, open for debate obviously but that's where I see him.

It's an area of his game he needs to improve, we know it, he knows it.

But this time last year people still said he wasn't cut out to be a PL striker.

Now we're hoping he just refines his game to become a 25 goal per season player.
He’s a throwback to the days when strikers worked hard and improved year on year and got the most out of themselves.
We’re not in the market for the absolute freaks that are world class by 23.

Always been a fan of his but if I’m honest I never thought he’d make the England by the time he has.

you can apply that to pretty much every striker

their job is to score goals

these chances are not difficult, we are not asking him to bang in 30 yarders like harry kane, we are simply asking him to covert simple one v one chances

No striker in world football is going to score 100% of their “simple” chances. But I agree he should score more one on ones.

He may not be the best striker in the league but when you think about some of the strikers we have had playing for us over the last 30 odd years, giving this lad grief just seems agenda driven. We've had some utter utter guff and apart from Dunc, Rom and Yak this lad is probably the best we've had, open for debate obviously but that's where I see him.
I'm not old enough to remember most of Dunc's career, but DCL's last two league goal tallies of 13 and 16 are more than he ever got in the Premier League. Think there's an argument for DCL being better if he maintains his level.

you can apply that to pretty much every striker

their job is to score goals

these chances are not difficult, we are not asking him to bang in 30 yarders like harry kane, we are simply asking him to covert simple one v one chances
He converted a simple one on one chance against Leeds.
Your negativity is overwhelming, Dom is improving every season, better than a striker who crashes and burns, you'd be the first to moan if we sold him for peanuts and brought in an inferior replacement

He converted a simple one on one chance against Leeds.
Your negativity is overwhelming, Dom is improving every season, better than a striker who crashes and burns, you'd be the first to moan if we sold him for peanuts and brought in an inferior replacement
stop being a drama queen

show me evidence of negativity

if you think saying someone should have a higher conversion rate on one on one situations is negative then you are deluded

i dont want to be a snitch or anything but watching the extended highlights on youtube it looks like the keeper saves DCL's header and it bounces off the keeper's arse and goes in

should be an oggy that imo

9:03 - 9:05

stop being a drama queen

show me evidence of negativity

if you think saying someone should have a higher conversion rate on one on one situations is negative then you are deluded
Apologies mate, you're right I'm Deluded you've never been negative before about DCL only this week and last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.