Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol you haven't heard of this kid up until abar 5 minutes ago and you think he's going to come in and be our first choice starting RB?

No chance - we need a RB equivalent of Digne not an Nkounkou who may be ready in 2-3 years from now...

….does it matter if he’s not well known? DCL was unknown when we brought him in, Stones was unknown when he came in.

….he‘s 19, he’ll have little opportunity to play at Rangers (a good sign he’s played 20 games given Tavernier is ahead of him). I don’t see why he couldn’t be 1st choice here by the end of the season.

It's not a lot though Eggs. And we need a right-back for the here and now, as well as a year or two's time.

Again, it's also a total show of our complete lack of planning. Our first target was Dumfries - an international player, 25, with bags of experience in the Eredivisie and CL/EL. How does that equate to our next target on the list being a 19-year-old with less than 20 games for his club?

….does it matter if he’s not well known? DCL was unknown when we brought him in, Stones was unknown when he came in.

DCL wasn't good enough for 2-3 seasons thats my point - Coleman needs booting now not in 2-3 seasons when this kid is realistically ready.

It's not a lot though Eggs. And we need a right-back for the here and now, as well as a year or two's time.

Again, it's also a total show of our complete lack of planning. Our first target was Dumfries - an international player, 25, with bags of experience in the Eredivisie and CL/EL. How does that equate to our next target on the list being a 19-year-old with less than 20 games for his club?

….it’s a lot of games if you know the esteem Tavernier is held. It suggests to me they know they have a talent & look to give him game time at any opportunity. Very promising.

….it’s a lot of games if you know the esteem Tavernier is held. It suggests to me they know they have a talent & look to give him game time at any opportunity. Very promising.

I know Eggs, I cover Rangers a fair bit. Tavernier is good and held in high esteem but they also play a hell of a lot of games too.

I'm happy with this potential signing. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea that it means Seamus is pretty much first choice for the campaign, though, which is what it suggests. We'll see though.

And both needed a lot of time to develop...
You're correct, and it's a pair point to say the signing wouldn't be ideal. But, I think we need to look at the situation as objectively as possible.

It looks like we can't currently afford to sign a top quality, first choice right back, so to simplify the situation a bit I'd say it leaves us with three realistic options.

They are a) do nothing, b) sign a short-term stop gap on loan or c) buy a young prospect who may challenge for the first XI soon or even now.

Putting it that way, I think most would admit that C is the best option out of a far from perfect situation as long as we genuinely believe he's a good prospect.

In an ideal world, we wouldn't be relying on Seamus for the season but we're not in an ideal situation - far from it.

That Tino lad for Saints is 18 and came from Chelsea’s youth looks class, also £5mil~ish

True mate but the reality is Saints are just happy to avoid relegation so can take relative punts on prospects that may come good down the line.

Our fans will be frothing at the mouth if Benitez gets less than 10th.

We need somewhat proven quality in certain areas and RB is one of them as Coleman and Kenny are just not good enough.

Great bit of business by Rangers. Turn down £5m because they know the next offer will be £22m.
Buy high, sell low. Everton have had some proper dog dirt from Rangers down the years this kid should be free as a way of a bloody long overdue apology!

I know I'm not Mikey but I'm from Scotland and watch a hellava lot of Scottish football.

This lad is a superb player. Extremely talented and will be a star. He's the all round modern day full back, great technique, mobile and pacey, great going forward.

He came into the rangers side towards the end of last season and was an absolute standout, in a side that were flying at the time. He was excellent in rangers uefa cup run also so he's done it out with Scotland. The only slight question mark would be defensively he hasn't been tested too much for the obvious reasons.

If we get him for 5m, it's a possibility given rangers financial stuggles, then it would be an outstanding piece of business and right back sorted for many years.

what this person said

Status
Not open for further replies.