Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he though.
I thought he just posts rumours we've all seen but states them as fact, and gets widely laughed at for it?

Oh he absolutely does that. But passes them off as his own - which I love. He's thrown down the gauntlet and became the most hated lad on the forum, which is no small accomplishment, and I absolutely love it. Proper piss boiler.

Yep.

My issue with the whole James situation is - and he's not helped himself here I admit - he's been used as a bit of a scapegoat by fans, certain media elements who I know are fed info from the club, because of the big wages.

Well, tbf, if we're going to pay anyone the biggest wage, it should be him for his quality. That's not actually the issue. the issue is handing fat contracts to Gomes, Delph, Bernard, even Mina (who I really rate), spending huge fees on Iwobi and Kean (okay, the latter would probably be sold for profit if not in a depressed market), then obviously on top of that the mistakes made by the previous regime.

We've also consistently spent big on fees during Brands' time here. For Walsh's faults we were also able to make a massive profit on Gana, a decent one on Vlasic etc (but then we have the other tosh which counteracts that plus the Lukaku, Stones and Barkley money being wasted).

Five years of poor decisions and it's now on the club to shift James who, again for his faults, is a player that really could be the difference between Europe and not when used right, will get chucked out as the proverbial baby in the bathwater.

It's why I'm so disassociated with the club atm. Of course I care, but they've done nothing to deserve my respect or trust. That's gone a long time ago now.

Agree entitely with all that mate. I don’t trust our recruitmemt at all, waste after waste, without being able to player trade.

Im like you I’d keep James, he’s a quality above. I do however think our recruitment are dills, we all knew signing him he’d be fit for max 20 games a season. You can’t forgive signing a player, giving him 200k a week and a year later you realise you want to sell them - it’s massively poor re recruitment. It’s the same scenario with Kean last year - it’s stupid. Same with Delph, same with Gomes, they aren’t here two seasons - you shouldn’t have to rip it after a season or two after making a decision to,sign a player. ive zero faith in our recruitment team, there is actually a sense of relief if we we didnt spend. They’ve taken the joy out of Everton, I can’t even get excited by transfer links, just hoping we don’t sign more duds for big money that fans can’t identify with and leave them feeling mugged. Though I think we will something myself.

I don't like to harp on its not in my nature but with our lack of spending this window it really does hammer home that age old question, where is the Arteta money?

looks like he kept it for himself, put it in a stocks and shares ISA, withdrew it at the night of the market and spunked it on Ben White, Marty Odergard and that car crash of a keeper from Shef Utd….

Brandon Williams off to Norwich on loan @Zatara ;)

#maximus

Nice one ;)

He plays both sides doesnt he so i checked and they have 2 left backs (Giannoulis+Sorensen) and 3 right backs (Byram + Muamba + Aarons).

Looks like there will be some movement :eek:

As things stand, if we only signed him then i think it would be a positive incoming side of the window...

Forget Umtiti. Just get that backup right back Zat loves so much. I’ll take pretty much anyone for that position at this point.

Emerson is the one if we cant get Aarons.

it's the same thing

Also, I don't actually think we do really

Not saying we're skint, but fantasies of backhand investments need to stop. It'll be going into the stadium, that's where Usmanov's money is tied up.

I cant see us going into a new stadium without at least a top 6 squad.

tbf Barca are trying to cancel loads of contracts, so it might just be throwing stuff and seeing what sticks

Any players you would try for at Barca that may be atttracted? I wonder if Moriba has a destination.

Nice one ;)

He plays both sides doesnt he so i checked and they have 2 left backs (Giannoulis+Sorensen) and 3 right backs (Byram + Muamba + Aarons).

Looks like there will be some movement :eek:

As things stand, if we only signed him then i think it would be a positive incoming side of the window...

Emerson is the one if we cant get Aarons.

I cant see us going into a new stadium without at least a top 6 squad.

Any players you would try for at Barca that may be atttracted? I wonder if Moriba has a destination.
Emerson- January possible, very difficult this summer
Moriba- Leipzig

I'd take cotton eyed joe at this point, truly dismal window, back to the good old days but with a dof who can't spot a bargain, being skint isn't a huge deal if your scouts do there jobs properly, I mean we'll still get left behind but there are good players who are affordable under the age of 30 we don't just have to keep signing journeymen.

Status
Not open for further replies.