Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its above my paygrade mate but I've copied and pasted this from forbes - its written by a much smarter person than me lol..its all creative accountancy.. ...What also makes sense is the financials of the deal. On paper, Barcelona are said to be paying €70 million for Pjanic, while younger man Arthur is costing Juve €80 million, which looks to work out as a swap deal plus €10 million cash from the Bianconeri. However, FFP rules mean that both clubs will be able to report €60 million profit on their books, due to player amortisation.
Barca paid €30 million for Arthur in 2018 on a six-year deal, meaning that his value decreases by €5 million per year in terms of FFP. Therefore, he is now worth €20m in terms of their accounting, meaning a sale for the equivalent of €80 million means the Catalan side can show a €60 million profit.
Similarly, Pjanic arrived in Turin from Roma for €35 million in July 2016 on a five-year contract, meaning his FFP value reduces by €7m per year, leaving €21 million in value on the books after two years when he was handed a new five-year contract by the club. The remaining €21 million is then divided by five and therefore reduces by €4.2 million per year, and currently leaving €13 million in value on Juve’s accounts. A €70 million sale therefore leaves a tidy €57 million profit for the Old Lady
I’m not entirely sure you would increase the amortisation period with a contact extension. You’d likely keep the initial contact as the amortisation period and any time after that, the player would have a zero book cost (in terms of fee).

I’d imagine the wages would be capitalised and amortised though so the book value of the player will be the remaining contract (but with a liability on the other side of the balance sheet).

So let’s say we get this Hoppe lad in and Anguissa on loan is it? Would James, who’s seemingly unfortunately out of the door, be enough to cover it? After that I can’t see someone coming in permanently for Kean this summer aside from Inter but they’ve made it clear they don’t want to spend. Think effectively replacing James with Hoppe, Anguissa and Kean (who we didn’t have) probably doesn’t replace his influence and ability to change a game but would improve the overall depth of the squad. That being said obviously leaves us without any recognised 10 in the squad.

For those that know the financials how exactly would we go about a right back, are we still looking to offload wages and fees don’t really matter all that much? If we got rid of someone like Gomes for a decent fee and got a good right back in to start then I’d say it was probably a successful but not hugely inspiring window.

Gray and Townsend look good business, Hoppe would be the same for his fee and if we got a right back and a few loans in I think we’d be fairly decent and have a well rounded squad although there’s still the issue of lack of real creativity and some deadwood looking unsellable like Delph and Tosun that’ll probably just bleed out their contracts for us. Disappointing but it is what it is I suppose, hope there’s some surprises come the end of the window but I can’t see anything major really. That 11 Saturday will probably be the regular 11 for the season aside from 1 or 2 I think.

So let’s say we get this Hoppe lad in and Anguissa on loan is it? Would James, who’s seemingly unfortunately out of the door, be enough to cover it? After that I can’t see someone coming in permanently for Kean this summer aside from Inter but they’ve made it clear they don’t want to spend. Think effectively replacing James with Hoppe, Anguissa and Kean (who we didn’t have) probably doesn’t replace his influence and ability to change a game but would improve the overall depth of the squad. That being said obviously leaves us without any recognised 10 in the squad.

For those that know the financials how exactly would we go about a right back, are we still looking to offload wages and fees don’t really matter all that much? If we got rid of someone like Gomes for a decent fee and got a good right back in to start then I’d say it was probably a successful but not hugely inspiring window.

Gray and Townsend look good business, Hoppe would be the same for his fee and if we got a right back and a few loans in I think we’d be fairly decent and have a well rounded squad although there’s still the issue of lack of real creativity and some deadwood looking unsellable like Delph and Tosun that’ll probably just bleed out their contracts for us. Disappointing but it is what it is I suppose, hope there’s some surprises come the end of the window but I can’t see anything major really. That 11 Saturday will probably be the regular 11 for the season aside from 1 or 2 I think.
I think there will be one or two decent additions for the first team

….difficult to see him coming in if Kean is still here & doubtful we’d get Hoppe as well. Perhaps we are lining up a few replacements in case we are able to shift Kean.

I suspect he would be coming in as a number 10 and a direct replacement for James if it were to happen. He's definitely not what you'd call a striker, plays off the front man but probably higher up the pitch typically than James does

Status
Not open for further replies.