2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never learns

All the time in the world there to clear it either by hoof or a pass and he dawdles to the point of having his pocket picked. Disgraceful
Agreed. A lot of the time Keane looks our best centre back. The problem is he makes as many serious mistakes as all the other options put together. I lost all faith when he dribbled into traffic under no pressure in the stuffing at City. The very next premier league game he makes a similar mistake. If you want to cause Everton trouble close Keane to 5 yards then give him time to dither

He's just Ryan Shawcross but without the confidence. Sell.

In all seriousness, he's not one of our best CB pair in a flat back 4 and if we play 3 at the back I'd want him nowhere near the pitch. He therefore shouldn't be on big wages... But he is.

With our financial situation as it is, we should be encouraging young Michael's agent to find him a new club before the end of the window. He's not good enough for Everton and has run out of time.
Ryan Shawcross was miles better (in his prime anyway).

Well, I'll give him kudos for his mental strength. Did well after that royal cock-up when plenty of others would just crumble and continue to suck. Hopefully that was the wake-up call he needed to stay fired up for the next half-season at least.

I'd play him against Leeds.

His first half against Saints was one of the worst I can remember, but let’s not forget that he had a good season last year.

However, we’re now Godfrey+1 if he’s fit. The +1 likely isn’t going to be Keane. I’d be ok with him moving if a decent offer came in.

His first half against Saints was one of the worst I can remember, but let’s not forget that he had a good season last year.

However, we’re now Godfrey+1 if he’s fit. The +1 likely isn’t going to be Keane. I’d be ok with him moving if a decent offer came in.
My definition of a decent offer = anything over £15m. Never mind the mental side (mentioned a lot on here), he’s just very poor when in possession imo. It hasn’t worked out, sell.

He played well for long enough to get a new contract now we are stuck with him while he goes through another poor phase. No chance anyone will match his wages so our only hope of getting rid is to freeze him out and if he wants regular football he may take a paycut. This is unlikely as most of these modern footballers see wages first and playing 2nd.

Or in his shed cutting up a cow to barbecue......He does look like a butchers boy
I think he looks like Baby Huey
6B31C9F5-64D2-4D32-AB4F-3654F2C5BA49.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.