Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I said before. I wouldn't mind signing McNeil if we had a couple of quality wide men who are pacey and contribute goals too. But we don't. So signing him and using up all of a limited budget to do so would be a mistake.

If we need 3 wide players, (which we do) then bringing in McNeil would tick one box leaving us with two more to bring in next summer.

give Burnley Keane and Kenny to sweeten the deal.

Good idea.

Gray and Townsend were right in from of me for the first half, my honest opinion...

The biggest noticeable difference is they ran and tried to help the team more than Bernard, Iwobi and James did last year. That will do for me at this point considering we’re plugging gaps and rebuilding.

Obviously, neither looked at the level we’d want for our attacking starting players. I was thinking it could be sharpness, especially with Gray because he had a lot of sloppy touches and movements. Then I remembered they’ve been training and playing games, so I doubt it’s that.

Efficient players, just not as effective as our views will accept. But it’s an improvement, small steps up the ladder. Every time we try to get a player who we think is a shortcut to jumping up the league, it backfires. I say back this approach and see where we get...

Then swerve. We want a younger player who can put in a few years part of the teambuilding.
He'd be really cheap though, maybe even 3-4M or on loan. Biggest issue is whether he can get anywhere near top form again after snapping his leg.

In agreement with you if we can afford to spend decent money on a young player that is already gold enough but with space to improve, but if not someone like Arias would be fine for a couple of years and a low cost improvement.

If we need 3 wide players, (which we do) then bringing in McNeil would tick one box leaving us with two more to bring in next summer.

Good idea.
No. We need to prioritise pacey, goal scoring wide men over a McNeil type. McNeil is absolutely not worth spending a wedge on when we have no budget. He is the afterthought after you have signed the really good options. We can leave signing him until next summer in your scenario. And if we miss out on him in doing so, it really is no big miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.