Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great start to the season, so much of recent seasons has seen us fold in the second halves. Really well played second half and had more opportunities, outside of a gift from Keane and some bad finishing from the likes of Iwobi, probably deserved a 4-0 scoreline.

16:31
Post update
Everton 1-1 Southampton
Rafael Benitez has not been keeping out of the limelight on his first appearance in the Everton dugout this season. He's been very animated all the way through, urging his players on to get a winner.

Fifteen minutes to go and this could go either way.

Stark contrast to Carlo ancelotti sipping a cup of tea whilst big dunc whispers in his ear that he needs to make changes

….I thought the CB pairing was a strange selection, but we won the game.

Richarlison is such an effective footballer, I’m amazed he has his detractors on here because he sulks. He’s just terrific and was outstanding today but I thought Doucoure was the stand-out performer even before he scored.

Some posters on here have been slating Doucoure for his lack of ability in comparison to Rodriguez but as I highlighted, he offers so much all over the pitch. Don’t expect many finishes like that this season but it topped off a MoM performance, chuffed for him.
If Richarlison smiled all the time he'd be accused of not taking it seriously enough, he can't win

Status
Not open for further replies.