Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No cohesion at all. It’s either out side to cross or a long punt to DCL. Awful. Look at Southampton, a man always free to receive the pass, quick fluent movement. Not a good start. Can only improve second half.

Absolute dog turd..... So bad.

Need to drastically improve here!

We cannot play 2 CMs up against 2 CMs, our players are not good enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We gotta go 3 in there.......

They are playing 4-4-2, we knew that since forever.

Happy new season everyone, dont even look like scoring as per usual.
Good to see your man Fatty doing so well.

Whop wnop

He's legitimately better at moving the ball than Richarlison is though! We need something to link up on the left, Digne isn't in the game.
I’d consider swapping Rich and Grays positions. Gray not been in the game anyways and Rich central gives us an extra presence if all we’re doing is having Townsend swing balls into the box.

Are we doing as bad as the scoreline suggests? How’s my boy Livramento doing?

1-1 here at Barrow, scrappy game in the sunshine.

Fairly solid with a couple of chances. Then Keane decided to give them a goal. After that heads gone, look 2nd best. Coleman Keane and Holgate having a horror shows.

Livramento MOTM so far. Has Richy in his back pocket.

I’d consider swapping Rich and Grays positions. Gray not been in the game anyways and Rich central gives us an extra presence if all we’re doing is having Townsend swing balls into the box.
Yes this is my main suggestion and frankly there's no real reason the team shouldn't have started like that

Status
Not open for further replies.