Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that'll be for obscene breaks like Man City / PSG.

If Everton go over by a few % and aint in Europe every season I imagine it wouldn't massively effect us in fairness.

Its also good timing as next summer James, Delph, Siggurdsson and Kenny are out of contract with Benard/Bolasie/Besic/Walcott having gone this summer.

Throw in increased revenue from BMD and a naming rights deal our revenues should increase and wage bill decrease over the next 12-24 months which is why I keep saying we'll spend next summer.

This summer is all about boxing clever and avoiding any punishment from the current rules until said rules change.

@Neiler
I think we’ve also had a ridiculously big squad over the last few years, we’ve loads of players on big wage and not contributing or out on loan every season.

Like you say we’re finally seeing these players leave or their contracts run down. Tosun will also be out of contract next summer.

I’d imagine we will look to have a smaller squad in the future, with youngsters bulking out the squad

I think we’ve also had a ridiculously big squad over the last few years, we’ve loads of players on big wage and not contributing or out on loan every season.

Like you say we’re finally seeing these players leave or their contracts run down. Tosun will also be out of contract next summer.

I’d imagine we will look to have a smaller squad in the future, with youngsters bulking out the squad

Im quite positive if these rules change I think the BMD Naming Rights deal will likely start being in pay from later this year to cover "stadium costs" and boost the accounts and as you say a list of large earners will all be out of contract end of this season.

This is a rebuild job and patience is required - this summer aint been great but if foundations can be put in place allowing us to spend some cash next summer then its as good as we can hope for.

It’ll be 1-1 after 75 mins tomorrow and our manager will look at the bench and see Delph, Iwobi, Kenny, Nkounkou, while Rodriguez & Kean are sat at home
With Kean i might understand it, he claerly doesnt want to be here so if he didnt put in an effort in training i would send him packing too. James clearly is more that Benitez doesnt rate him, but i would put him on the bench for sure unit a solution is found. But we don't know the finer details, maybe James has said if you dont want i dont want to risk injuries

Oh and if DCL is out, Iwobi will start mate :(

We're actually going ahead with Coleman and Kenny as our RB option lol lol . Enjoy that new contact Marcel you absolute genius!
Do you actually think he has any involvement with our transfers anymore because I don't, I think he is just in the background now doing other stuff, our entire transfer dealings in recent years are the total opposite of the way he wanted to/would normally do things based on his previous history.

With all them teams in we have no chance!

Shame really as this CM is exciting and has everything Pace, Work Rate, Energy and height whilst being interchangeable.....

Gbamin

Zakaria Doucoure​

I imagine thats the sort of midfield we'll be looking for long term - pace, energy and power.

No doubt because none of them can ping hollywood balls around like James and Gomes you'll have people moaning about a lack of creativity when you dont need creativity if you can bulldoze teams aside.

Do you actually think he has any involvement with our transfers anymore because I don't, I think he is just in the background now doing other stuff, our entire transfer dealings in recent years are the total opposite of the way he wanted to/would normally do things based on his previous history.
Why would he have signed a new contract if he wasn't happy with the arrangement and his job role? I think he's just very bad at his job.

Apologies if it has already been covered, but there are some, frankly, outrageous statements in the new Red Echo article . . .
Screenshot_20210813-093156_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210813-093214_Samsung Internet.jpg

We've needed a RB for 4 years. It was meant to be the no 1 position to sort this summer. We are going to get in a stop gap.

Benitez views Longstaff and McNeil as quality. Genuinely unbelievable.

Imagine if we line up tomorrow with James starting and Kean on the bench. All we’re going off is people saying they’ve not seen them in a picture or a video, Kean’s Instagram and James saying he’s not sure where he’ll be playing this season, unless I’ve missed some big facts?

….problem is if we continue to add ineffective & costly players to the squad, like Iwobi. It’s then a conveyer belt of individuals we struggle to shift.

I’m now convinced Brands is being overridden in respect of identifying and acquiring players. His position is weak & he’s not an empowered DoF. The transfer process is a mess, Brands might be at the helm but he’s far from steering the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.