Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
He's woefully mismanaged the club since becoming the majority shareholder. Terrible managerial appointments, interfering in transfers and an overpaid squad regressing year after year. Then he appoints benitez.

The stadium is the only positive, but I'd be interested to know if you would all accept us treading water in the bottom half of the league for the next 5 years?

He's woefully mismanaged the club since becoming the majority shareholder. Terrible managerial appointments, interfering in transfers and an overpaid squad regressing year after year. Then he appoints benitez.

The stadium is the only positive, but I'd be interested to know if you would all accept us treading water in the bottom half of the league for the next 5 years?
We've been woefully mismanaged for several decades before he arrived. We had terrible managerial appointments (Mike Walker, Walter Smith, Bringing back Howard Kendall for a third time), no transfer activity until we sold a star player to free up funds, and when we did pay big fees we landed a couple of real duds (Beatie, Billy).

The difference between Moshiri and those that run the club before him is that the managers that he appointed were given the financial backing to build a good team where before they were forced to sell before getting transfer funds. The way modern football has gone if you want to sign decent players you have to pay through the roof with long term deals, with no guarantee that they'll make a positive impact, especially if your team isn't winning trophies or playing in Europe.

The stadium is a positive as there seems to be some real progress in that department, but new stadium news was always used to distract the fans attention when things were n't going so good at the club. Not signing new player, put out some breaking stadium development news. Another poor shirt sponsor deal, put out some breaking stadium development news. Selling a star player, put out some breaking stadium development news.

Just read some click bait from goodison something saying at least he has spent loads of money .It made me think is that really a positive at all ? If your partner went out shopping and came back with a load of rubbish ( Not that I think the present squad is ) would you be happy "that they had splashed the cash" at all ?
I would love to know his actual involvement .

It just appears that we are absolutely clueless at negotiating. The chunky fees / wages for players of an average standard which we are now stuck with is well discussed on here, but how on earth the club gave Ancelotti a contract which allowed him to walk away scot free after the money we've had to pay to get rid of managers and compensate other clubs to let them come to us is unbelievable.

Theer are many reports on bad choice of staff and bad funding off some ttransfers but sit back and think if he had not come and we were still under BK, where would we be now. I know waht my view is and Moshi is the best thing that has happened to us in the last decade at least.

It just appears that we are absolutely clueless at negotiating. The chunky fees / wages for players of an average standard which we are now stuck with is well discussed on here, but how on earth the club gave Ancelotti a contract which allowed him to walk away scot free after the money we've had to pay to get rid of managers and compensate other clubs to let them come to us is unbelievable.
Was thinking this myself the other day after the James leaving came up. We all knew James was only here because of him, we spend fortunes on boats in Miami and billboards in NYC etc heralding his arrival and the whole thing is built on a house of cards who can walk out for nothing.
Of course there a maybe a counter argument that we wouldn’t have got him otherwise…..

Was thinking this myself the other day after the James leaving came up. We all knew James was only here because of him, we spend fortunes on boats in Miami and billboards in NYC etc heralding his arrival and the whole thing is built on a house of cards who can walk out for nothing.
Of course there a maybe a counter argument that we wouldn’t have got him otherwise…..
thats exactly what happened. 'Seen it all operators' like Ancelotti will have seen Moshiri a mile off and have been rubbing his hands.

That, I am afraid, is the calibre of owner we are dealing with.