Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor.gif

From the looks of it the bid in question is from Al-Hilal in the UAE? I guess you can't blame a guy who has come from little for taking the money but surely his ambitions should be higher, he's a decent little player.
I dont get this ambition talk tbh, its a job, im sure his ambition is the same as most on here and to get as much as possible so he doesn't have to worry about money ever again

Im sure theirs a high percentage of people on here with "no ambition" as in not doing the absolute best they could everyday non stop, dont let emotion cloud the fact football is a job

I dont get this ambition talk tbh, its a job, im sure his ambition is the same as most on here and to get as much as possible so he doesn't have to worry about money ever again

Im sure theirs a high percentage of people on here with "no ambition" as in not doing the absolute best they could everyday non stop, dont let emotion cloud the fact football is a job

He can be set up for life in a few years whilst still playing at a good level. Going to a poor standard league makes absolutely no sense when you can still become enormously wealthy in a good league.

Football is a job, but it's not normal life. I doubt I'll ever experience it, but I really doubt there is much difference in say a 30k rise per week from 50k to 80k per week. There isn't much you can do on 4m per year that you can't do with 3m etc. Whereas, someone who goes from earning £300 to £500 per week will see an enormous difference. It's all relative.

Footballers should aim to play at the highest level they can for the longest period they can because the money will look after itself.

Course, but lets not pretend football as a career is anything like a normal persons job. Pretty much all footballers start playing football because they love it and dream about making it one day.

He could also earn a lot of money in Europe and potentially have a shot at the big time. It's his choice but still disappointing.

Edit: @ToffeeTim has basically expressed my exact thoughts except more eloquently. What he said.

He can be set up for life in a few years whilst still playing at a good level. Going to a poor standard league makes absolutely no sense when you can still become enormously wealthy in a good league.

Football is a job, but it's not normal life. I doubt I'll ever experience it, but I really doubt there is much difference in say a 30k rise per week from 50k to 80k per week. There isn't much you can do on 4m per year that you can't do with 3m etc. Whereas, someone who goes from earning £300 to £500 per week will see an enormous difference. It's all relative.

Footballers should aim to play at the highest level they can for the longest period they can because the money will look after itself.
Doubling your money no matter how much you earn does make a huge difference.

Thats fair enough your opinion on what footballers should want to do, but its a job, money talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.