Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the previous 400+ pages, it is obvious what an absolutely terrible appointment this has been. While it is true, he may well surprise a lot of people and be successful, he may well, also, surprise the rest of the fan base and be an absolute disaster.

It really doesn’t matter on which side of the fence you sit, this is an appallingly ill judged appointment, it is literally turning blue against blue. @Groucho says name another manager we could have got, and, to some extent, he has a point. The salient point is that Benitez is no longer a very good manager and has not been for several years, so would Nuno or Potter or any of the other candidates done a worse job than him? I don’t believe so, but, had we have appointed one of the other candidates, we would not have 430 pages of blues fuming at the appointment and other blues fuming at the fumers? I don’t think so.

I for one was, and still am, totally against this appointment. For football reasons, I think he is well past his sell by date and has taken the job knowing full well that if he succeeds that is a bonus and if he fails he will get a fine payoff for his troubles. Also I am against his appointment on the grounds that, successful or not it is so divisive. That said, I do not call the people who want Benitez members of a cult and I would like to be awarded the same courtesy.
I wish I could make these points in such a way . While I hate the appointment ( I do concede I shouldn't use such spiteful names ) I wouldn't get personal by calling those who are at the very least comfortable with him getting the job such names as morons and virgins .
It's not ( in the majority of people ) a question of I.Q but personal tastes and how they see his C.V.
As I said , I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I have called Mr Benitez some uncalled for names and for that I'm going to wind it in but please to those for or against or somewhere in the middle , let's not use name calling in their debate .

It's not about differing opinion though, because the opinion isn't derived from anything logical.

For example, if someone doesn't like someone based on their skin colour, I'd call them all sorts for it because that isn't a differing 'opinion'.

This is the same. It's illogical prejudice. They are hating someone based on a job they had once upon a time.

If you don't think Benitez should be Everton manager for other reasons, fine, and this doesn't apply to you - but if so you wouldn't be calling him a fat pig, especially before a ball was kicked.
I sat through a season of his mug at the San Siro. He turned one of the best teams in Italian history into a disorganised, miserable mess.
Never have I heard Inter fans so united in their anger at a manager.
He hasn't done a thing since that would earn him a job with Everton.
The fact that he's inexorably linked with Kopites is glaringly obvious but add to the fact that he's been going downhill steeply for 20 years and it's a horrible appointment.
At the same time it's just football. Hopefully he does a better job than Ancelotti who I thought would be marvelous and was mediocre at best.

I just received a remnder from The Grand Old Team saying that I've not logged in for a while - so here I am and the first thread I look at is Everton "fans" slagging each other off, insulting fellow fans and generally being obnoxious, all because they have a different opinion about a subjective decision made by the Club.
I expect I'll get slagged off for having the tumerity to comment, but two fingers and f/you to those who throw insults and abuse.
Bye.

A leaving thread in these circumstances is customary.

Please feel free to slag off as many posters as possible, as this provides substance to the leaving thread.

I just received a remnder from The Grand Old Team saying that I've not logged in for a while - so here I am and the first thread I look at is Everton "fans" slagging each other off, insulting fellow fans and generally being obnoxious, all because they have a different opinion about a subjective decision made by the Club.
I expect I'll get slagged off for having the tumerity to comment, but two fingers and f/you to those who throw insults and abuse.
Bye.
Yeah , it's hot in here but there is some interesting and intelligent debate going on .

I don't want him to do anything!

There is a massive difference between not wanting Nuno as your preferred choice of manager and not wanting Benitez because you (rightly or wrongly) despise him.

It is not the same divisiveness. If Nuno was appointed those against the appointment would grumble a bit and get on with it. That's not happening in a lot of cases with Benitez. It is absolutely not the same measure. I don't really know what else to say if we are not seeing that?
To be fair, the whining on here about NES was very similar in magnitude to what it has been for Benítez.

I hope we lose the first four games, he gets sacked, and then we win the next 34 league games and the League Cup / FA Cup double.
I get that you despise him mate, think everyone does by now but lets be real, no Everton manager would be sacked after 4 games or even 10 games. He will get a fair crack of the whip and so you are stuck with him for a while at least. The only person you are hurting with all of this hate and abuse is yourself really tbh but hey ho what do i know. Just give me the middle finger or whatever as you normally do these days.

But you’re not divisive, come on mate .

every time I think I’m over this I’m a moron or in a cult , be arsed

I think you go through periods of being sensible and understanding of the dressing room needing proper leadership post Moyes but then you seem to go for a pint with your anti Benitez mates and start getting doubts and relapsing! lol

I get that you despise him mate, think everyone does by now but lets be real, no Everton manager would be sacked after 4 games or even 10 games. He will get a fair crack of the whip and so you are stuck with him for a while at least. The only person you are hurting with all of this hate and abuse is yourself really tbh but hey ho what do i know. Just give me the middle finger or whatever as you normally do these days.

I can't sadly. The stop me having a reactions button on here in 2018 :(

I think you go through periods of being sensible and understanding of the dressing room needing proper leadership post Moyes but then you seem to go for a pint with your anti Benitez mates and start getting doubts and relapsing! lol
Ha ha I definitely agree we need proper leadership i remain unconvinced he’s the man for the job . Look I will say I think I’ll feel better once we’re back in the ground , how long it lasts is down to him and that shower on the park .

Wind it in lad.

Fourth time of saying now that you’re completely missing the point in that I’m not advocating we all get the banners out and declare our undying love for the manager.

But what I AM saying is that utter virgins like yourself need to stop spouting the “fat” and “pig” jibes to someone who is currently our first team manager. I’ll continue to call it out until our fanbase stops behaving like that shower across the park.

Conspicuous by your absence on any form of social media where you’re not anonymous too I hasten to add.
Yes, you are dumb. Say it fifth and sixth time, it will certainly change something ant the fat kopite pig suddenly will turn into a not fat kopite pig. Good luck.

Ha ha I definitely agree we need proper leadership i remain unconvinced he’s the man for the job . Look I will say I think I’ll feel better once we’re back in the ground , how long it lasts is down to him and that shower on the park .

The likes of @Kev The Rat & @windymiller thinks they'll be mutiny at the ground but I think the complete opposite tbh 99% will just be happy to be back at Goodison.

I still maintain he has his hands tied at present heading into Southampton with no Talisman Richarlison and still no RB or RW worthy of a starting position.

This summer/season is a time for calm heads - until next summer the budget is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.