Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we somehow wriggle free from the shackles of FFP before the end of this window I have absolutely no doubt the Moshiri and Usmanov will authorise and fund some transfers.

If they intend to authorise and fund the purchase of Allan Saint Maximin however, I would prefer we remain restrained by FFP.

If we get to the point where we're allowed to spend £50m, why on earth would we lob it all at the barcodes for one complete and utter donkey when we could get Dumfries AND Pereira for the same overall outlay? Some people on here are very, very silly.

American here, and Hoppe isn't ready for the PL. He came out of nowhere (zero youth NT appearances) to score five goals in 20 matches for Schalke last year as a 19/20 year old, but is more of a second striker than a #9 or a winger. I honestly wouldn't hate if he stayed at Schalke and played up top every match there to get experience, but they've been shopping him all summer so I think he's gone. Ideally he would go somewhere that has a two striker set up.

All that being said, I actually don't want any promising young American near Everton right now. I didn't want Dike to come and sit on the bench behind DCL and Kean, and don't want Hoppe or anybody else. I love the club but Everton is too toxic right now. Maybe in two years once the purge is complete and Rafael is gone, but we're a dumpster fire and I don't want Everton ruining the other sporting side I love.

Hoppe is the sort of signing we should be making though long term: cheap, with potential, we can loan out then either use or sell for profit. We’re really crap in that department.

We're going to sanction some higher priced deals soon. Hearing Koulibaly and ASM are prime targets.

The feeling is we could end the transfer window without filling key areas in the squad, so we're going to bring those players in and hope we can shift some higher earners before the window closes to satisfy FFP demands. Kean, Richarlison and James are those players in question.

We're going to sanction some higher priced deals soon. Hearing Koulibaly and ASM are prime targets.

The feeling is we could end the transfer window without filling key areas in the squad, so we're going to bring those players in and hope we can shift some higher earners before the window closes to satisfy FFP demands. Kean, Richarlison and James are those players in question.

You need to log off for a while.

Imagine being this person

I've heard we're also after Jamon Hinds. Any truth in this?

If we somehow wriggle free from the shackles of FFP before the end of this window I have absolutely no doubt the Moshiri and Usmanov will authorise and fund some transfers.

If they intend to authorise and fund the purchase of Allan Saint Maximin however, I would prefer we remain restrained by FFP.

If we get to the point where we're allowed to spend £50m, why on earth would we lob it all at the barcodes for one complete and utter donkey when we could get Dumfries AND Pereira for the same overall outlay? Some people on here are very, very silly.
So king Rafael will have loads of cash to spend when Newcastle takeover is complete and he goes back there

Makes sense, sanction high priced deals as you say... Also acknowledging we won't fill key areas until we shift players. Great logic

At this point, mon frere, you are just spouting bobbins from your red and white hoop. No sane FD would approve such a reckless fiscal strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.