Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benitez's modus operandi on joining any club is to moan about the owners, not getting full control or the money he wants, he does it everywhere it's his automatic reaction when joining

He does it at every single club he goes to, Liverpool with their American owners (Hick and Gillett - spelling prob wrong), Newcastle rather predictably as if he didn't know who owned them and now us. No wonder Brands looks out on a limb, the fat Spanish waiter won't want him serving up any players at all.

I had a lot of Chelsea fans at work when I was based in London at the time of Benitez's 'temporary manager' tenure. They all hated him and couldn't hide it. They shouted José Mourinho at him at every match.

That year Chelsea failed to be anywhere near competitive in the league, their league performance was nothing short of abysmal. The fans got their wish when Mourinho replaced the unloved (hated) imposter and Chelsea all of a sudden walked the league the following year.
They finished 3rd in the league, semi finalists in the FA & league cup and won the uefa cup that season after him taking over at the end of November. Terrible that

Evidence or conjecture ?
He wouldn’t have been free and doesn’t have that much experience. I like him, but I think we are in perhaps the hardest place in the league. An expectant fan base, a below par squad and no money. Much of this squad was in a relegation battle 18 months ago. Very easy to slip there again.

Benitez's modus operandi on joining any club is to moan about the owners, not getting full control or the money he wants, he does it everywhere it's his automatic reaction when joining

He does it at every single club he goes to, Liverpool with their American owners (Hick and Gillett - spelling prob wrong), Newcastle rather predictably as if he didn't know who owned them and now us. No wonder Brands looks out on a limb, the fat Spanish waiter won't want him serving up any players at all.

I had a lot of Chelsea fans at work when I was based in London at the time of Benitez's 'temporary manager' tenure. They all hated him and couldn't hide it. They shouted José Mourinho at him at every match.

That year Chelsea failed to be anywhere near competitive in the league, their league performance was nothing short of abysmal. The fans got their wish when Mourinho replaced the unloved (hated) imposter and Chelsea all of a sudden walked the league the following year.
You are rewriting history there! They got third in the league and won the UEFA cup. Not bad for a fat spanish waiter.

If you rate Iwobi you shouldn't comment.
It's amazing that you all still can't put together rating Iwobi is different than thinking he could have been more useful than Sigurdsson or that we should maybe refrain from borderline abusive comments.

That goes for every player btw. Davies, Iwobi, Delph, whoever. So tired of some of the things people say about players who don't meet their unrealistic expectations.

They finished 3rd in the league, semi finalists in the FA & league cup and won the uefa cup that season after him taking over at the end of November. Terrible that

Chelsea won the champions league the previous year with the players under John Terry practically running the team ,- Di Matteo manager in name only. They had a decent team based around the likes of captain John Terry, Ashley Cole Lampard etc.

Under Benitez they weren't at all competitive in the league which is what they were judged on most of all, domestic and second tier European trophies aren't the currency Abramovich dealt in at the time, real trophies mattered. Benitez had won cups that hardly registered but lost out in what mattered to them.

He axed his skipper Terry and broke their teams challenge, third is third but it can tell two different tales, one a very competitive team just missing out and the other, one who never got anywhere near. Mourinho came back restored the spine of the team with Terry back to marshall the defence and predictably they strolled it the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.