New Everton Stadium Discussion

Might be wrong but I think Spurs build was a Construction Management project for Mace where as we have LoR in for Design and Build….
The former can be difficult to hold contractors to account and any cost escalation can quite easily be pushed up to the client, unlike D&B where most things are lump sum fixed price and there’s an incentive to to build what you are paid for and delivery it asap + under performance comes with penalties.

Might be wrong but I think Spurs build was a Construction Management project for Mace where as we have LoR in for Design and Build….
The former can be difficult to hold contractors to account and any cost escalation can quite easily be pushed up to the client, unlike D&B where most things are lump sum fixed price and there’s an incentive to to build what you are paid for and delivery it asap where under performance comes with penalties.

The biggest issue with Spurs was there was constant change to the design. That leads to confusion and massive change orders. Large increase in cost and increased risk of incompatible design modifications, certainly during construction when a design team isn't necessarily encompassed within a consultants team, but made up of a number of subcontractors.

The biggest issue with Spurs was there was constant change to the design. That leads to confusion and massive change orders. Large increase in cost and increased risk of incompatible design modifications, certainly during construction when a design team isn't necessarily encompassed within a consultants team, but made up of a number of subcontractors.
Indeed or the other way round where a client design team are responsible for an un workable Stage 4 design that the contractors build to, resulting in significant change to make it work at Stage 5. Don’t recall too many trade contractors getting hammered for the issues at Spurs, which suggests not too many of them were responsible for the design.

Post-planning permission, is it too much to be informed as to how this will actually be funded, with detail rather than ambiguity?

Having looked at Goat’s post in the transfer thread, showing how we’ve gone from Carlo Ancellotti laughing about FFP and being linked to Koulibally to supposedly being skint in a matter of months. Then I can’t help but think that the queue of people wanting to lend money for this stadium venture may not be very big at all, and that Moshiri or USM may have to use more of their own funds then first thought?

Just a hypothesis based on the limited information available.

Post-planning permission, is it too much to be informed as to how this will actually be funded, with detail rather than ambiguity?

Having looked at Goat’s post in the transfer thread, showing how we’ve gone from Carlo Ancellotti laughing about FFP and being linked to Koulibally to supposedly being skint in a matter of months. Then I can’t help but think that the queue of people wanting to lend money for this stadium venture may not be very big at all, and that Moshiri or USM may have to use more of their own funds then first thought?

Just a hypothesis based on the limited information available.

Carlo was never laughing about breaking FFP mate - he said he would have money to spend which is what Kirkbride has said today but the budget is limited and for younger players such as McNeil.

Carlo was never laughing about breaking FFP mate - he said he would have money to spend which is what Kirkbride has said today but the budget is limited and for younger players such as McNeil.

There was an interview where he effectively laughed at FFP when the issue was raised. To paraphrase, he chuckled and said I think the authorities have more important things to think about than Everton and FFP.

Still, if we are to be taking out massive loans to fund the project, is it not about time we are made aware?

Whatever the funding structure may be, I think the time has come where the fan base should be made aware of it.