The Kit Thread - Season 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They never had their logo so prominent.

Those chevrons colonise a shirt and make it all about Hummel.

Serioulsy, this is a huge downside to their kit supply. It's all about them at the expense of the client.

Those same corporate vampires who blacked out their chevrons, logo and name on the absolutely brilliant black watch away kit just launched?!

Does not compute mate.

They haven't dropped the ball on any of the kits since the partnership began - they have all been good and different to the dross others are getting served up.

I do commend you on your stamina in feeding youre ire though mate - it's unreal how you keep it up.....fnar fnar.

I think the new third kit is really very good. Not mind blowing like the black watch release was (maybe if the chevrons were horizontal it would have been a 'great kit'). for those of us of a more portly nature the vertical stripe may be more slimming than a horizontal one but may also look like a BMX skid mark over a speed bump.
I think when its on as a kit (all the player pics are just the shirt) it will look more Derby County than Leeds and will be a significant improvement. The black and gold shorts and socks are masterful but I could see an odd occasion where we have to wear it as an all white strip much like we occasionally revert to all blue for the odd game.
Frankly I think Hummel have done a really good job since they came in (seafoam excepted). They have touched on elements of our history which is obviously key for our fan base, while not just reproducing replicas of old kits, and made our kits look so much less like template versions of everyone else's.
I am not a huge fan of the goalie and training wear, although I have the all black top from last year for running/gym. The white shirt seems to be favoured in hot climates by the players and it is nice if a little perfunctory.
The weird ship camouflages don't fit with me somehow, perhaps too random for my orderly nature (that Spurs away kit!).
So far I'd give their shirts this year:
home 7/10
Away 10/10
third 8/10
At least we can get excited about a kit without it being tainted by the RS manager! :)

I like it, but not as much I was hoping in would....

If they were gonna recreate the 50's shirt, i don't get why they didn't just have the chevrons running horizontal across the shirt
Almost certainly because of the sponsor. Would have to be quite thick if horizontal and you wouldn't get much of it at the sides.

I love all the kits. They've done it this year on all three! Only funny thing I noticed - I dunno why everton do this to themselves - why are they selling names & shirt numbers, when there will obviously be a change. Is anyone really gonna buy Sigurdsson and Bernard shirts? Why keep them on sale lol ?

I really hope they give James no.10 as it will definitely make a difference to sales.

Because the abomination black kit is...erm...all black...and therefore clashes with their home kit in a way that the blue kit doesn't.
We’d never wear the black kit though, you specifically separated Brentford Southampton and Wolves based on their shorts colours.

what in gods name where you banging on about

Where it makes sense to use the white 3rd kit and not the abomination black kit:

Villa
Burnley
Chelsea
Leicester
Newcastle
West Ham

Where the black kit makes more sense:

Brighton
Palace
City
Norwich

Watford

We always play in blue (and always will play in blue) at:

Arsenal
United
Leeds
Liverpool
Spurs

and we'll play in blue at Brentford and Southampton because they have black shorts and socks, and at Wolves because they have black shorts.

I hope they do use it more than 1-2 times. Would be nice to see as many times as you've suggested.
Newcastle they might have to stick to blue.

We’d never wear the black kit though, you specifically separated Brentford Southampton and Wolves based on their shorts colours.

what in gods name where you banging on about
Do you believe we'll see Everton at those grounds in a black kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.