Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason you think Simms can't step up? He's scored plenty, and had a good loan last season. From other posts, not sure you rate him.
You are far more knowledgeable than I, so this is just an honest question?

…his all around game at U23 level didn’t look anywhere near good enough for the step-up. He wasn’t combative with opposition CBs, his hold up play and linking with team mates was poor. He did, however, come to life when the ball was played over the top or when it was in the box, and he’s a very decent finisher.

i’ll admit he pleasantly surprised me with his loan. Not so much his scoring prowess but he seemed more involved in general play. I wonder if he surprised the coaches as well.

I honestly don’t know the answer to your question but the fact he went on loan was a bad sign for me given our lack of back-up and his lack of involvement. I’m not in the least bit encouraged with Kean, surely Simms can’t have been any less effective than him yet he went to Blackpool.

I‘d guess he’s playing his football elsewhere next season.

Last edited:
This is mind blowing...

Bellamy played 1 season for Liverpool and Sterling was signed for their youth team.

Theres a few mentioned who were fantastic like Mascherano, Alonso, Torres (all big money at the time)...

Then theres an enormous number which dwarfs those signings. That number equates to the dreadful signings, including but not limited to:

Gabriel Paletta, Krisztian Nemeth, Josemi, Ryan Babel, Peter Crouch, Andrea Dossena, Jermaine Pennant, Craig Bellamy, Sebastian Leto, Jan Kromkamp, The Greek Tragedy, David Ngog, Philip Degen, Charles Itandje, Mauricio Pellegrino, Glen Johnson, Robbie Keane, Antonio Nunez, Alberto Aquilani, Nikolay Mihaylov, Antonio Barragan, Nabil El Zhar

Thats just at Liverpool...

Hes already made 3 signings :eek:

@roydo

Im not allowed to call out posters on the managers track record of failed signings elsewhere and allude to the fact the 3 signings hes made are comparable?

He has made 3 signings after all and they look pretty comparable to those he previously signed...

Seems on topic to me...

Too many kopites on here

Certainly been a shift in the forum since the appointment.

The links to the Boro defender seem to be welcomed by their fans as well...most of them dont rate him...yet some posters on here think he'll be a good signing.

£3mil to go with Begovic, Townsend and Gray.

What a time to be alive :(

I've seen a mess of a squad up close. there is no comparison between what we've done in the last five years, and Benitez leaving a team with two CL finals a second place finish and an FA cup win. He bought Torres, the outstanding striker in the world at that time. Mascherano and Alonso, Sterling Bellamy the list goes on and on. It's a brilliant record. And now he works out of Finch Farm.
Hurrah

Bellamy didn't leave with that though. He was a high cost signing who won an FA Cup. He was a flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.