Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
and all the same tired faces are making all the same tired sounds about Beneathus and his "no nonsence" old style man-management.
I must admit I don’t know specifically who said what back then. I have been slightly taken aback at some of the positivity or at least acceptance of the Benitez appointment. I suspect he will be a combination of koeman, BFS and Ancelloti’s safety first but I hope to be wrong. Time will tell!!

I must admit I don’t know specifically who said what back then. I have been slightly taken aback at some of the positivity or at least acceptance of the Benitez appointment. I suspect he will be a combination of koeman, BFS and Ancelloti’s safety first but I hope to be wrong. Time will tell!!
So different to what has failed in the past then.
I would have to agree.

I've just heard S Gerrard being interviewed on ESPN and he said he wasn't surprised that he went to Everton because he wasn't born
in the city, never played against them and wasn't a Red through and through. He went on to say that he wanted to get back into the
Premier League at a big club.

I guess most of us don't really like the appointment, but he's our manager now and therefore he gets a chance to do his thing. Anything else is just being churlish (except for Allardyce).

You can’t blame anyone for looking for whatever bright side they can find.

I certainly didn’t want Benitez, but here he is, and I want him to succeed for all our sakes.

Call it pragmatism, Stockholm Syndrome or whatever you like: I want to like the guy now he’s our manager.

1627392415395.png

I've just heard S Gerrard being interviewed on ESPN and he said he wasn't surprised that he went to Everton because he wasn't born
in the city, never played against them and wasn't a Red through and through. He went on to say that he wanted to get back into the
Premier League at a big club.
Liverpool was just another job. Unfortunately for us he won a couple of trophies with them. He used to manage Liverpool but the word 'Kopite' is just speculative that he loves Liverpool..........he doesn't and the same applies to all his other clubs and ourselves. Would a kopite have took the Everton job?

You can’t blame anyone for looking for whatever bright side they can find.

I certainly didn’t want Benitez, but here he is, and I want him to succeed for all our sakes.

Call it pragmatism, Stockholm Syndrome or whatever you like: I want to like the guy now he’s our manager.
Fair comment there mate. I want us to win every game and if he brings success I will say well done and laugh heartily at some RS heads exploding across the park. I am not predicting the future with confident sweeping statements but personally I see very little to get excited about. Really hope the positive honking somehow comes true!!

Liverpool was just another job. Unfortunately for us he won a couple of trophies with them. He used to manage Liverpool but the word 'Kopite' is just speculative that he loves Liverpool..........he doesn't and the same applies to all his other clubs and ourselves. Would a kopite have took the Everton job?
Keep telling yourself that, you might beleive it one day.

Gerrard said himself he would never manage Everton as he's a Red and the rivalry is too big.

Only those still drinking the kool aid think Benitez is some dyed in the wool RS.

Absolute nonsense that he has no affection for the RS - the scene of his greatest triumph - his name still sung on the kop by the fans.

No affection? Don’t make me laugh.

Fair comment there mate. I want us to win every game and if he brings success I will say well done and laugh heartily at some RS heads exploding across the park. I am not predicting the future with confident sweeping statements but personally I see very little to get excited about. Really hope the positive honking somehow comes true!!
Yeah, there’s certainly a large chunk of people willing him to be a success against their better instincts.

That’s where I am, I think.

I want to believe he’s going to be better for us than I feared when it became clear he was going to be our manager.

I’m looking for small positives, like how hungry he seems to be. I have found myself warming to him in the interviews and press conferences he’s done, which has surprised me.

But only time will tell. I’m going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.