Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNeill isn't slow and is technically very good.

You could probably buy Danies James from Utd for less , much faster but not as good a player.
I think it's pretty obvious he is a championship player which is why he hardly gets games at Utd, he might improve but I honestly don't see much there with him, also he would seriously give Richarlison a run for his money in the 'throwing himself to the ground' stakes and having one is bad enough for me tbh.

Even funnier when the majority calling him average, dinosaur, unambitious etc. were advocating the likes of Dunc, Potter, Nuno and Howe lol
Come on mate .

At least your List is gradually getting longer isn’t it ? I mean it’s still purely premier league based but I remember the glorious days when the choice was only this bloke or relegation with Eddie Howe . Give it 3 months we might have an actual list of managers on there .

Sensible business thus far. We’ve basically just ensured that we’ll have a couple of actual footballers on the bench who might do something half useful if we get injuries rather than having 2 keepers on there.

Tough job on now to undo the mistakes of the past. Looking at the weekly wages out;

Walcott - £110k
Bolasie - £75k
Pennington - £20k
Besic - £30k
King - £45k
Olsen - £20k
Total - £300k per week already saved from players who contributed zero.

A conservative guess would be that the three new lads are on a combined £150k p/w, still leaving us £150k p/w up.

Now we know the club want rid of Delph (£80k), Bernard (£120k), Kenny (15k), Tosun (£65k), and would also happily get rid of Gomes (£115k) and James (£90k-£140k depending on which source you believe). If we did flog them all, that’s a minimum of £485k p/w saved on top of what we’ve already saved. Only about 3 of them would need replacing.

Sensible business thus far. We’ve basically just ensured that we’ll have a couple of actual footballers on the bench who might do something half useful if we get injuries rather than having 2 keepers on there.

Tough job on now to undo the mistakes of the past. Looking at the weekly wages out;

Walcott - £110k
Bolasie - £75k
Pennington - £20k
Besic - £30k
King - £45k
Olsen - £20k

A conservative guess would be that the three new lads are on a combined £150k p/w, still leaving us £150k p/w up.

Now we know the club want rid of Delph (£80k), Bernard (£120k), Kenny (15k), Tosun (£65k), and would also happily get rid of Gomes (£115k) and James (£90k-£140k depending on which source you believe). If we did flog them all, that’s a minimum of £485k p/w saved on top of what we’ve already saved. Only about 3 of them would need replacing.

Looks like Bernard is off, based on some Middle East club's video earlier today.

Walcott - £110k
Bolasie - £75k
Pennington - £20k
Besic - £30k
King - £45k
Olsen - £20k

I'm pretty sure King was on close to double that

He will really have to try hard , to be our worst manager in 27 -30 years mate. That really takes some doing.
I give you Silva , Allardyce , Martinez , Koeman . What a rogues gallery. Think Mike Walker was our worst ever though. There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Benitez relegating us.

….given his record, i’d be really worried if @davek said that.

If all these exit rumours are true we will have a good deal of money to spend very soon, Richarlison, James, Kean, Bernard, even DCL has been mentioned in the past. We might not have any players left but we will have plenty of money to spend.

No certainty that either Bernard or Delph are off the books. I'll throw in another of the Architect's wonderful.signings ...Gomes......can he make him dissappear too?

That will be the Gomes that prompted the first post on a Transfer Window to be "Sign Gomes, sign Gomes sign Gomes"?

Losing Bernard, Delph, Gomes and potentially Valdermort from our midfield of last year admittedly leaves us with Allan, Doucoure and Davies but thats not a lot of depth unless Baningame has had a lazarus moment. Shouldn't we be linked with some actual midfielders or are we planning to only play down the sides of the pitch?

Losing Bernard, Delph, Gomes and potentially Valdermort from our midfield of last year admittedly leaves us with Allan, Doucoure and Davies but thats not a lot of depth unless Baningame has had a lazarus moment. Shouldn't we be linked with some actual midfielders or are we planning to only play down the sides of the pitch?

Glen Kamara of Rangers?

That will be the Gomes that prompted the first post on a Transfer Window to be "Sign Gomes, sign Gomes sign Gomes"?
Gomes is a really strange one.
He undoubtedly did well in his loan spell and it was understandable why he should be taken on a permanent basis.
However almost as soon as he signed his form dropped and he became a peripheral figure.
Obviously he then suffered a serious injury and looks a pale imitation of the player we thought we were getting.
However I would argue that he was on a downward spiral before his injury and given that this mirrors his performance at Barca you wonder whether the DoF could / should have forseen this.

Status
Not open for further replies.