2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not want to set a precedent for paying up players contracts so that they can move elsewhere. It’s a terrible message.
We may make some sort of offer to him. but not a whole year. It’s a negotiation and he wants to join Besiktas. We have some leverage, he is 30 and this is his chance to return home. If we reject, he will be 31 and the chance may pass.

We do not want to set a precedent for paying up players contracts so that they can move elsewhere. It’s a terrible message.
We may make some sort of offer to him. but not a whole year. It’s a negotiation and he wants to join Besiktas. We have some leverage, he is 30 and this is his chance to return home. If we reject, he will be 31 and the chance may pass.
Yeah we should try and sort something out here imo, given his injury and the possible return date from it (after the window shuts) we are going to end up stuck with him for another year otherwise.

Yeah we should try and sort something out here imo, given his injury and the possible return date from it (after the window shuts) we are going to end up stuck with him for another year otherwise.
We are, but if he won’t go unless he is paid the full year then we should dig our heels in and make him train on his own.
He wants to leave but still get paid???

So we either keep him for a full year and pay a full year's wages or let him go and... pay him a full year's wages?! Keep him and let him rot in the reserves, the cheeky fake-haired biff.

If he wants to get his move to Beskitas he can either wait and hope they come back in Jan, or accept a fraction of his annual salary to eff off.

if we pay his salary up in full we may as well keep him this last year as there would be no benefit to us to releasing him early. it would still cost us the same. at least if he stayed he could be used by the u23 team to try snd help us win back the prem 2 title
Agreed, if we have to pay him then let him stay and sit on a bench somewhere, something he won't want to do.

Make a moderate off to him and then he can stay or go.

Take it. Off the wage bill.

It's not worth it, as @Bluestar indicates. We simply cannot signal to the market that our cards are that weak. We have to pass a derisory offer like that one.

If they want to do a loan without a fee and pay his wages, we can do that. They could structure a contract in such a way that we effectively eat some wages in a buyout and they compensate us for that in the purchase fee. This offer doesn't work.

I liked Big Sam but didn't want him here as our manager. Like always he made a good show of it somewhere in his career previously. My son had dinner with him on a business trip and said how amusing company he was.

My wife grew up by The Rocket at the end of the M62 and when we were courting we frequented there. There was a fella in there who beat Tosun hands down for this.

Head on, he looked like he had a full head of hair but at any other angle at all, you could see that it was basically a ‘wall with spiky hair ramparts’ around his head. Looked awful.

Anyway, get Tosun on, or out or something. Where’s the Regain money Bill?
I know who you mean I think lol

I liked Big Sam but didn't want him here as our manager. Like always he made a good show of it somewhere in his career previously. My son had dinner with him on a business trip and said how amusing company he was.

he’s got a droll sense of humor, a dry wit. he’d be a fine fellow to kill a bottle with. He’s just a miserable wraith of a football tactician.

Cenk is getting this all wrong. Besiktas right now would give him a 3 year deal. He may not get more than one next year. Or maybe Everton realise this and are playing hardball for a change.
It's amazing how many bums have suddenly headed for the exits since the Gaffer took charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.