New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don't know why an Evertonian would want to downplay the City of Liverpool regardless of where you are from.
In all honesty, we know it's not the greatest place in the country, and I don't like the rest of the stuff Peel are putting up, I have never been a fan of tower blocks. I think they do overshadow the old waterfront., but the argument about taking away the WHS listing seems almost spiteful when you think about how much great history and architecture is still there.,

Anyway, as has already been said it's yesterday's news now. I just can't wait to see BMD going up, it is the most positive thing about being a Blue right now.

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding Bramley Moore being the world heritage site, it wasn't, six districts of the city centre were. So saying things about tourists visiting bmd are way off the mark. It was merely in a buffer zone. Tourists will still come to Liverpool, whether we have the title or not. The added bonus is, they'll now be able to visit Bramley Moore Dock.

Well I've run the gauntlet this morning from the kopites in my gym.
They've all swallowed the rubbish spouted from the media generated from Everton being mentioned in the same sentence as the UNESCO palaver. Couldn't be arsed arguing with them over that, but when I corrected a neutral about the RS not even building one stadium never mind three, that quietened the rats up.

Well I've run the gauntlet this morning from the kopites in my gym.
They've all swallowed the rubbish spouted from the media generated from Everton being mentioned in the same sentence as the UNESCO palaver. Couldn't be arsed arguing with them over that, but when I corrected a neutral about the RS not even building one stadium never mind three, that quietened the rats up.
They've swallowed the rubbish cause they've wanted too. It's the only thing they've got left to cling on too.

The laughing is turning to anger now, they're all for the banter until it's turned on them.

Yep. It’s all been laughter and head patting for the last few years - ‘you’ll never be able to afford it, you’ll never get planning permission, it’s an imaginary stadium’.

Now, as the trucks are rolling in with materials deliveries as we speak, ahead of work starting in 4 days time, the anger and fuming has started about a certificate that they had never given a single thought to previously.

Can't Everton go back to the original design and make the stadium higher now, or would we have to go through the planning application again

OK, hypothetical question: would you prefer to get building what you've got pp for right away, or wait for another couple of years if it meant a stadium with a capacity of 60k+?