Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that our academy produces basically nothing but neither of those Liverpool players were academy products. They were both bought and then spent years on loan. It's basically the same as us selling Onyekuru.
fair enough.

To be fair Liverpool spent 7M€ in Grujic and sold him for 9M€ 5 years later. Given agents fees etc and wages they will have made a loss on him for no return on the pitch.

But you are right, we do have a problem there...

they would have got loan fees previously so unlikely to have made a loss

It's pretty bizarre how much it upsets some people.

I'm about to turn 40 - my grandfather always called it soccer, and even for my dad, that's how it was most often referred to when he was a kid (he's turning 80 next year).

It's only in relatively recent years that it's become a stick to beat Americans with.

Very odd.
This is spot on. It's a recent phenomenon. As in, the last ten years. No one used to care about this.

Up until the 90's, The Times would call the sport Soccer. And I wonder do these people watch Soccer am or Soccer Saturday? (if they're still on).

Football is played with your foot.

Like why would you call a game played with your hands ‘football’

soccer should only be used when playing with your shoes off.

Bailey should be the number one choice. We’re link with at least 5 wingers but Bailey is a level ahead of everyone else.

If they get him shows what having a proper Chairman and DOF does for you. Imagine had we had their system at the start of Moshiri's ownership rather than the unholy trinity of Kenwright/Walsh/Brands.

The more these clubs move ahead of us the more you cant really expect much from Benitez over than 10th-11th stability until the books have been cleared and we head into BMD in which by then we can only hope we have a new Chairman and DOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.