Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have just sold two more no marks I've never heard of for £20m. Whilst we continue to get zero point zero from our academy. Questions should be asked about the disparity here.
It's a disgrace. An absolute paltry return from player sales, if we can sell them at all, and the production line from the academy almost ground to a halt.

It's Brands responsibility and Unsworth has questions to answer as well. It's one of the reasons we have so little room this summer.

Benitez is within his rights to ask what on earth has been going on, I hope he does so.

Sadly I don’t think we’ll be buying Bailey. Surely Leverkusen wouldn’t sell two of their wingers to us? I mean that just doesn’t happen does it? Also we’d have prioritised Bailey out of the two. More likely we enquired about Bailey, baulked at the price and were offered the menu del Dias.. and took it..

We know where the word came from, it's still only used by numpties who call domestic leagues "world series".
It's pretty bizarre how much it upsets some people.

I'm about to turn 40 - my grandfather always called it soccer, and even for my dad, that's how it was most often referred to when he was a kid (he's turning 80 next year).

It's only in relatively recent years that it's become a stick to beat Americans with.

Very odd.

Just went to do some googling...I had some time...:)

1. Jason Says:
    The God’s honest truth is that the word “soccer” is an Oxford abbreviation of the term Association Football, in an effort to differentiate it from rugby football in the 1880s. Get over yourselves, Brits. You gave us the word soccer, we just ran with it.

100% this. Questions need to be asked of unsworth what the hell is he doing as nothing has come through to the 1st team since Rooney
Ross Barkley and Tom Davies most recently. But I get your point.

Unsworth is more interested with padding his trophy collection with jarg u23 titles rather than actually developing players for first team football.

Liverpool have just sold two more no marks I've never heard of for £20m. Whilst we continue to get zero point zero from our academy. Questions should be asked about the disparity here.
To be fair Liverpool spent 7M€ in Grujic and sold him for 9M€ 5 years later. Given agents fees etc and wages they will have made a loss on him for no return on the pitch.

But you are right, we do have a problem there...

I do agree that our academy produces basically nothing but neither of those Liverpool players were academy products. They were both bought and then spent years on loan. It's basically the same as us selling Onyekuru.

Status
Not open for further replies.